Mature artists needed for Havering’s 60+ Art Exhibition
Havering’s mature artists can get the chance to show off their talents as part of a art competition.
Havering Council is looking for entries from anyone aged 60 or older for this year’s 60+ Art Exhibition.
Artists can pick up their entry forms from Fairkytes Arts Centre or the Queen’s Theatre, both in Billet Lane, Hornchurch, or any Havering library.
Submitted artwork must have been completed on or after the entrant’s 60th birthday.
Entries must be handed in to Fairkytes on Friday, July 20, from 10am-10pm and Saturday, July 21, from 10am-2pm.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition will take place at The Queen’s Theatre from Saturday, July 28, until Sunday, August 12.
Cllr Andrew Curtin, Cabinet Member for Culture, Towns & Communities, said: “We have a wealth of artistic talent in Havering, and this competition is always one of the highlights of the year.
- 1 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 2 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 3 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 4 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 5 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 6 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 7 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 8 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 9 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 10 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
“I hope very many artists will submit their work, and I am looking forward to the annual exhibition.”
For more information call Fairkytes on 01708 456308.