Mature artists needed for Havering’s 60+ Art Exhibition
Havering’s mature artists can get the chance to show off their talents as part of a art competition.
Havering Council is looking for entries from anyone aged 60 or older for this year’s 60+ Art Exhibition.
Artists can pick up their entry forms from Fairkytes Arts Centre or the Queen’s Theatre, both in Billet Lane, Hornchurch, or any Havering library.
Submitted artwork must have been completed on or after the entrant’s 60th birthday.
Entries must be handed in to Fairkytes on Friday, July 20, from 10am-10pm and Saturday, July 21, from 10am-2pm.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition will take place at The Queen’s Theatre from Saturday, July 28, until Sunday, August 12.
Cllr Andrew Curtin, Cabinet Member for Culture, Towns & Communities, said: “We have a wealth of artistic talent in Havering, and this competition is always one of the highlights of the year.
- 1 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 2 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 3 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
- 4 Harold Wood walkers ‘frustrated’ as ‘beyond repair’ bridge is closed
- 5 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 6 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 7 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 8 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 9 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 10 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
“I hope very many artists will submit their work, and I am looking forward to the annual exhibition.”
For more information call Fairkytes on 01708 456308.