Matt is off to Miami to do battle with muscle men
A Brentwood personal trainer is off to Florida next week to compete in Musclemania Universe.
Fitness model Matt Buck, 28, a trainer at Fitness First at the Baytree Centre, will fly to Miami where the competition is being held.
Matt, who lives in Shenfield, faces stiff competition with 300 other fitness fanatics from around the globe.
He said: “This competion is more fitness modelling as opposed to bodybuilding.
“I’ve been training since I was 18, so for the past ten years really and, as gruelling as it is, it’s just become a way of life.”
You may also want to watch:
Matt qualified after coming fourth in the bodybuilding and fitness modelling sections of the Musclemania Universe Championships last year.
He has the support of his family and friends, as well as girlfriend Louise, 23, who will travel to Miami with him.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 2 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 3 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 8 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'
In November, Matt will be competing in the European Championships for the World Bodybuilding and Fitness Federation (WBFF) in Iceland.