Martin: We panicked
Romford boss stunned by Tilbury draw
Romford boss Paul Martin was stunned after seeing his side throw away a 3-0 lead at Tilbury.
Matt Toms and Alex Read (2) had Boro cruising at Chadfields, but Conor Mead gave the hosts hope and two late penalties by Ben Bradbury levelled it.
Martin said: “It was panic stations at the end. We started well and were fantastic until the 80th minute. It could’ve been 5-0 or 6-0 and we’ve come off with a 3-3 draw.
“I wasn’t impressed with how we defended. We’ve got to compose ourselves, settle it down and see games out.
You may also want to watch:
“Credit to Tilbury, they were waiting for the floodgates to open, but ended up scraping a result. You don’t expect to lose a 3-0 lead.
“We’re making it hard for ourselves and have thrown away eight points against teams at the bottom.”
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 5 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder