Martin: We panicked
Romford boss stunned by Tilbury draw
Romford boss Paul Martin was stunned after seeing his side throw away a 3-0 lead at Tilbury.
Matt Toms and Alex Read (2) had Boro cruising at Chadfields, but Conor Mead gave the hosts hope and two late penalties by Ben Bradbury levelled it.
Martin said: “It was panic stations at the end. We started well and were fantastic until the 80th minute. It could’ve been 5-0 or 6-0 and we’ve come off with a 3-3 draw.
“I wasn’t impressed with how we defended. We’ve got to compose ourselves, settle it down and see games out.
You may also want to watch:
“Credit to Tilbury, they were waiting for the floodgates to open, but ended up scraping a result. You don’t expect to lose a 3-0 lead.
“We’re making it hard for ourselves and have thrown away eight points against teams at the bottom.”
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 3 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 4 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 5 BHRUT 'determined to learn' after inquest finds failures in pensioner's care before her death
- 6 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 7 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford
- 8 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 9 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 10 Construction of new Rainham Leisure centre pushed back to 2022