Martin: We panicked
Romford boss stunned by Tilbury draw
Romford boss Paul Martin was stunned after seeing his side throw away a 3-0 lead at Tilbury.
Matt Toms and Alex Read (2) had Boro cruising at Chadfields, but Conor Mead gave the hosts hope and two late penalties by Ben Bradbury levelled it.
Martin said: “It was panic stations at the end. We started well and were fantastic until the 80th minute. It could’ve been 5-0 or 6-0 and we’ve come off with a 3-3 draw.
“I wasn’t impressed with how we defended. We’ve got to compose ourselves, settle it down and see games out.
You may also want to watch:
“Credit to Tilbury, they were waiting for the floodgates to open, but ended up scraping a result. You don’t expect to lose a 3-0 lead.
“We’re making it hard for ourselves and have thrown away eight points against teams at the bottom.”
- 1 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 2 'Beyond annoying' - New traffic measure coming to Hornchurch junction
- 3 Election 2021: Live Havering and Redbridge London Assembly updates
- 4 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 5 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 6 Heritage: The life of Havering's well-loved Peter the Painter
- 7 Romford woman through to Ms Great Britain 2021 final
- 8 Man in hospital after falling 'from height' in Romford
- 9 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 10 The Romfood Review: A bit of the East End in Essex