Martin: Romford deserved something
Boro boys miss out at Market
Romford boss Paul Martin felt his side deserved something from their Ryman One North clash at Needham Market at the weekend.
Chris Parker netted twice from the spot to put the hosts on top at half-time.
But Chris Thomas replied after the break and Boro had the better of the second half, only to have late penalty claims ignored in a 2-1 defeat.
Martin said: “We came away without a result, but I thought we deserved one.
You may also want to watch:
“We changed the formation around a bit and it worked. We performed well.
“I don’t know how many penalties we’ve given away this season, but it was a bit harsh.
- 1 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 2 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 3 New venture for Hornchurch MasterChef hairdresser
- 4 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 5 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 6 New rapid testing sites open in Romford and Upminster
- 7 'Beyond annoying' - New traffic measure coming to Hornchurch junction
- 8 UKIP vote from 2016 'significant' to Tory win in Havering and Redbridge
- 9 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 10 Three-year-old raises £10,000 with challenge inspired by Captain Tom
“There was a big crowd there, though, and they got the penalties and we didn’t.”
Boro are five points off a play-off place, with two games in hand on Sudbury, and are due to host Waltham Abbey tonight.
Andy Edmunds could return after a back injury, but Alex Read (concussion) and Ricki Mackin (hamstring) are not likely to feature and Richard Oxby has left the club to join Grays.
Martin added: “It was an offer Richard couldn’t turn down and we can’t compete with that.
“We can’t tell these boys not to go when they’re looking to pay their mortgages or whatever. It all helps.
“Richard has been at the club for a long time and I think he’s still only 23. We wish him all the best, but the door is always open for him to come back.”