Martin: Boro must focus
ROMFORD boss Paul Martin will not take Waltham Forest lightly tomorrow (Saturday), writes Lee Power.
ROMFORD boss Paul Martin will not be taking Waltham Forest lightly tomorrow (Saturday).
Boro return to action after a two-week break against the Ryman One North strugglers at Ilford - and face them again in the FA Trophy tomorrow week - but Martin is on his guard.
He said: “I saw them against Brentwood in the week and they shouldn’t be losing that many games. They’re a decent side.
“You don’t know if the break has done us any favours or not, but we can’t underestimate them, they will be hard to beat.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone is due a win or sooner or later, but getting three points is our priority.”
Boro have not played since their 4-0 FA Cup defeat against Hampton & Richmond Borough, but remain well placed in the league, with 14 points from seven games.
- 1 Man in hospital after falling 'from height' in Romford
- 2 Brentwood church rave: More than 130 images released in appeal
- 3 Romford cinemas announce reopening plans after lockdown
- 4 Woman dies after 'falling from height' by Liberty Shopping Centre
- 5 Former Lakeside Hammers co-promoter Jon Cook passes away
- 6 New Romford author speaks out about feeling 'invisible' as a black father
- 7 Hornchurch tie down manager Stimson with new two-year contract
- 8 Horses die after Upminster stables blaze
- 9 What is changing as lockdown eases on May 17?
- 10 London elections: Havering and Redbridge candidates make case for your vote
Jack Barry (groin) remains a doubt, but Martin was due to run the rule over Danny Rafis, Joe Pearman and Manzi Mbala in a Capital League game.
Boro host Tilbury in the Ryman League Cup on Wednesday, but Martin added: “Our focus is on pushing on in the league.
“I’ll look at giving a few players a run out against Tilbury, they need games.
“But we’ve got some hard games coming up in the league against Heybridge, East Thurrock and Grays.
“We’re a lot stronger than last year, though, and can compete more, so we’ll take a lot of confidence into them.”