Margaret Lawton from Hornchurch takes centre stage at 100th birthday celebrations
- Credit: Archant
Margaret Lawton was centre stage at a party thrown for her 100th bithday at Alton House residential home in Sunrise Avenue, Hornchurch.
Barbara, Margaret’s daughter said: “She is a real family person so she had a really nice day.”
Margaret also had a visit from Havering Mayor Cllr Lynden Thorpe.
Margaret was born and grew up in Stepney Green.
In the 1930s she married the love of her life Peter, and moved to Havering eight years ago after Peter’s death.
You may also want to watch:
She has three grandchildren and four great grandchildren.
- 1 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 2 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Mum fears gaping ceiling left by workers will 'collapse' on children
- 7 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 8 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 9 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson denies 'blackfishing' accusations