Man taken to hospital after being struck by falling glass in South Street, Romford
A man was taken to hospital after being hit by a falling pane of glass in South Street last week.
The glass, from an above property, fell into the outside drinking area of The World’s Inn pub on Thursday evening.
The area was cordoned off to the public the next day, with some glass shards still visible.
A spokesman for the London Ambulance Service said: “We were called at just after 11.20pm to reports of an incident in South Street.
“Our staff treated one patient, reported to be a 22-year-old man, for a head injury. He was then taken to Queen’s Hospital.”
You may also want to watch:
A member of staff at the pub said that the man’s injury was not serious.
Did you see the incident? Contact the Recorder on 020 8477 3878 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 2 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 3 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 4 Trust celebrating Hornchurch history opens new permanent heritage centre
- 5 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 6 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 7 Report found Town Hall response to alleged sexual harassment case 'disturbing'
- 8 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 9 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 10 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus