Man stabbed in Upminster
A MAN remains in a critical condition in hospital after being found stabbed in a residential street in Upminster on Saturday night.
The 42-year-old man had been stabbed in the chest.
He was found next to his parked car in Gaynes Park Road by three members of the public who put in the 999 call around 8.30pm Saturday night, October 2.
Police believe it may have been an attempted murder.
The quiet street was closed to traffic overnight and a tent put up to protect the spot where the man was found.
You may also want to watch:
Specialist police crews were called in to investigate the scene for evidence.
The blue and white tent remained in place until well into the afternoon on Sunday.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 2 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 3 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 4 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 5 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 6 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 7 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 8 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 9 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 10 National Hospitality Day: Locals stuck by cafe through 'thick and thin'
The injured man was taken to an east London hospital by ambulance crews were he remains in a critical but stable condition.
A 37-year-old woman has been arrested in relation to the incident and remains in custody.
See this Friday’s Romford Recorder for the full report.