Man stabbed in Hornchurch while shopping
A man was stabbed while he was shopping in Hornchurch on Tuesday.
Police were called to a fight in Hacton Parade at about 4pm and found a 35-year-old man outside Hacton Wine and Convenience Store with puncture wounds to the lower abdomen.
He was taken by ambulance to an east London hospital. His condition is not known.
Two men have since been arrested for grievous bodily harm and are still in custody at Romford police station.
Witnesses say the man was stabbed after he asked a group of youths to move from the doorway of the shop.
Anyone with information is urged to call Det Sgt Jo Van Der Waag on 101.
- 1 Heritage: How Gallows Corner got its sinister name
- 2 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 3 Hanukkah 2021: Five ways to celebrate in east London
- 4 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 5 Restrictions tightened as Omicron detected in Brentwood
- 6 Travel disruptions to look out for this week across east London
- 7 How The Apprentice's Thomas Skinner pivoted his business to weather Covid
- 8 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 9 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 10 MP's free trip to Mediterranean tax haven was to 'strengthen relations'