Man stabbed in head and chest in Rainham
- Credit: Archant
A man was stabbed in the head and chest at a bus stop in Rainham.
The 25-year-old was found lying on the ground by police in New Road, at around 10.20pm, yesterday.
The victim, who was not thought to be seriously injured, was taken to Royal London Hospital, in Whitechapel, east London.
Resident Dave Noble, who recently returned to the area after living in Colchester, Essex, said: “It’s a bit close to home for my liking. I know you read about this sort of the thing all the time but you don’t expect it to be on your doorstep.”
The 46-year-old added: “It’s not the nicest thing to happen but you just get on with things and try not to let it get to you.”
You may also want to watch:
There have been no arrests.
Anyone with information should contact Havering Police on 101.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 6 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 7 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 8 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 9 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 10 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites