Man has serious head injuries after colliding with car in Eastern Avenue, Romford
- Credit: Archant
A man has serious head injuries after colliding with a car moments after exiting a cab, in the early hours of Sunday morning.
The victim, 24, left the minicab - which had stopped at a red light in Eastern Avenue, Romford - after complaining of feeling unwell, at around 3.3am.
He jumped the pedestrian barrier in the middle of the carriageway and was struck by a black BMW at the junction of North Street.
The driver failed to stop but a woman was arrested later the same day.
She has been bailed to return to a police station in March pending the results of further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
The victim is in the Royal London Hospital, in east London.
Any witnesses please contacted Romford CID on 101 or Crimestoppers.
- 1 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 2 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 3 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 4 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 5 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 6 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 7 Can you help find missing teenager last seen in Hornchurch?
- 8 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 Captain Sam Roberts bids farewell and thanks Romford Junior Raiders
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
Do you know the man? Contact the news desk on: 0208 477 3878.