Man has serious head injuries after colliding with car in Eastern Avenue, Romford
- Credit: Archant
A man has serious head injuries after colliding with a car moments after exiting a cab, in the early hours of Sunday morning.
The victim, 24, left the minicab - which had stopped at a red light in Eastern Avenue, Romford - after complaining of feeling unwell, at around 3.3am.
He jumped the pedestrian barrier in the middle of the carriageway and was struck by a black BMW at the junction of North Street.
The driver failed to stop but a woman was arrested later the same day.
She has been bailed to return to a police station in March pending the results of further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
The victim is in the Royal London Hospital, in east London.
Any witnesses please contacted Romford CID on 101 or Crimestoppers.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 5 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 6 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 7 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 8 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 9 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 10 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
Do you know the man? Contact the news desk on: 0208 477 3878.