Man found wandering near M25 in Havering with child, 5, arrested on suspicion of drink driving
- Credit: Archant
A man and a five-year-old child were found wandering in the middle of the night near the M25 in Havering following a car crash over the weekend.
The incident occurred at around 3.15am on Sunday when it is believed a Ford Fiesta was involved in a single vehicle collision on the westbound A127 near junction 29, M25.
Shortly afterwards police discovered a 27-year-old man and a child walking along the slip road of junction 29.
Fortunately the child didn’t suffer any injuries in the collision although man was arrested on suspicion of drink driving and taken to a police station after providing a positive breath test.
The man has been bailed until early May.
You may also want to watch:
The matter is being investigated by the Metropolitan Police Service Roads & Transport Policing Command.
Any witnesses to this incident or anyone who has any information is urged to contact 020 8345 4940.
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Ex-councillor ordered to undo unauthorised green belt building works
- 3 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 4 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 5 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 6 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 7 'It was amazing': Birthday surprise vintage bus tour for woman with Down's syndrome
- 8 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 9 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 10 12 Estates: How is the regeneration programme progressing?
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or tweet @MetCC with any information.