Man found wandering near M25 in Havering with child, 5, arrested on suspicion of drink driving
- Credit: Archant
A man and a five-year-old child were found wandering in the middle of the night near the M25 in Havering following a car crash over the weekend.
The incident occurred at around 3.15am on Sunday when it is believed a Ford Fiesta was involved in a single vehicle collision on the westbound A127 near junction 29, M25.
Shortly afterwards police discovered a 27-year-old man and a child walking along the slip road of junction 29.
Fortunately the child didn’t suffer any injuries in the collision although man was arrested on suspicion of drink driving and taken to a police station after providing a positive breath test.
The man has been bailed until early May.
You may also want to watch:
The matter is being investigated by the Metropolitan Police Service Roads & Transport Policing Command.
Any witnesses to this incident or anyone who has any information is urged to contact 020 8345 4940.
- 1 'Foul odour': Neighbours call for action over worsening sewage stench
- 2 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 3 Home owner ordered to pay £4,726 to remove overflowing rubbish
- 4 Patient gets £12k in out-of-court settlement with Romford dental practice
- 5 Pupils equipped for 'medical emergencies' after winning first aid classes
- 6 Heritage: Tragedy at the Upminster sewage works
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 People in hospital after Collier Row collision
- 9 Partner: Romford shooting verdict 'brushes police errors under the carpet'
- 10 Havering students secure places at University of Oxford summer school
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or tweet @MetCC with any information.