Man found dead on Romford train
A man, believed to be from Rainham, was found dead on a train at Romford rail station yesterday (Thursday).
The discovery came around 12.45pm on the Upminster to Romford service.
A British Transport Police (BTP) spokesman said: “Officers were called to Romford station after a report of a man unwell onboard a train.
“London Ambulance Service medics also attended but the man, believed to be an 89-year-old from the Rainham area, was pronounced dead at the scene.
“At this stage it is believed the man died of natural causes.
You may also want to watch:
“The incident is being treated as non-suspicious and efforts are being made to trace the man’s family.”
Rail services on the line were suspended for around two hours after the incident.
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 10 Havering parks retain Green Flag awards