Man found dead on Romford train
A man, believed to be from Rainham, was found dead on a train at Romford rail station yesterday (Thursday).
The discovery came around 12.45pm on the Upminster to Romford service.
A British Transport Police (BTP) spokesman said: “Officers were called to Romford station after a report of a man unwell onboard a train.
“London Ambulance Service medics also attended but the man, believed to be an 89-year-old from the Rainham area, was pronounced dead at the scene.
“At this stage it is believed the man died of natural causes.
You may also want to watch:
“The incident is being treated as non-suspicious and efforts are being made to trace the man’s family.”
Rail services on the line were suspended for around two hours after the incident.
- 1 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 2 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 3 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 4 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 5 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 6 Plan agreed to tackle persistent flooding in Abbs Cross Lane
- 7 Gidea Park events planner hopes to host summer community festival
- 8 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 9 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 10 Apology issued after council error sees pupils' fee multiplied by 100