Man disappears from Harold Hill home
A young married man, who had been planning a family with his wife, has disappeared without trace from Harold Hill.
Now his frantic partner has appealed for help in finding him.
Martin Houghton, 37, walked out of his Barberry Close home while wife Chantal was hanging out washing at around 3.30pm on Saturday March 19.
He has not been seen or heard from since.
Martin, a warehouse worker in Suffolk, has not used his bank card and his mobile phone is switched off - although Chantal believes he may have his passport with him.
You may also want to watch:
The couple, who have only been married for 18 months, had been recently planning their future together.
Chantal, originally from Holland, said: “There were no problems I could see between us; we were talking about babies and moving closer to work.
- 1 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 3 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 4 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 5 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 6 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 7 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 8 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 9 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 10 National Hospitality Day: Locals stuck by cafe through 'thick and thin'
“I’ve been walking around like a zombie for the last week and a bit. I haven’t slept or eaten properly in days.
“I just can’t understand where he is or why he would have done this.”
She added: “My biggest fear is that he’s dead somewhere.”
The man’s parents live in Norfolk, but neither they nor his friends have heard anything from him.
Police are concerned as the disappearance is out of character.
Anyone with information should contact Romford Police Missing Persons Unit on: 0300 123 1212.