Man disappears from Harold Hill home
A young married man, who had been planning a family with his wife, has disappeared without trace from Harold Hill.
Now his frantic partner has appealed for help in finding him.
Martin Houghton, 37, walked out of his Barberry Close home while wife Chantal was hanging out washing at around 3.30pm on Saturday March 19.
He has not been seen or heard from since.
Martin, a warehouse worker in Suffolk, has not used his bank card and his mobile phone is switched off - although Chantal believes he may have his passport with him.
You may also want to watch:
The couple, who have only been married for 18 months, had been recently planning their future together.
Chantal, originally from Holland, said: “There were no problems I could see between us; we were talking about babies and moving closer to work.
- 1 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 2 'Beyond annoying' - New traffic measure coming to Hornchurch junction
- 3 Election 2021: Live Havering and Redbridge London Assembly updates
- 4 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 5 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 6 Heritage: The life of Havering's well-loved Peter the Painter
- 7 Romford woman through to Ms Great Britain 2021 final
- 8 Man in hospital after falling 'from height' in Romford
- 9 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 10 The Romfood Review: A bit of the East End in Essex
“I’ve been walking around like a zombie for the last week and a bit. I haven’t slept or eaten properly in days.
“I just can’t understand where he is or why he would have done this.”
She added: “My biggest fear is that he’s dead somewhere.”
The man’s parents live in Norfolk, but neither they nor his friends have heard anything from him.
Police are concerned as the disappearance is out of character.
Anyone with information should contact Romford Police Missing Persons Unit on: 0300 123 1212.