Man dies in industrial incident at Upminster
A ROMANIAN worker has died after being struck by a machine on an industrial site.
The man, who has not yet been identified, was working on the M25 widening roadworks near to junction 29, at Upminster.
It is believed the worker, in his 20s, died after a reversing D180 dozer struck him, according to a colleague at the site.
An Essex Police spokesman said: “Police were called to a fatal industrial accident in a field near junction 29 of the M25 where a man died after being struck by plant machinery.
“We were called at 9.50am.
You may also want to watch:
“Air ambulance attended and the HSE have been informed and will be attending.”
See Friday’s Romford Recorder for the full report.
- 1 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 2 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 5 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 6 What's happening on the roads and railways next week?
- 7 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 8 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 9 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 10 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds