Man dies in industrial incident at Upminster
A ROMANIAN worker has died after being struck by a machine on an industrial site.
The man, who has not yet been identified, was working on the M25 widening roadworks near to junction 29, at Upminster.
It is believed the worker, in his 20s, died after a reversing D180 dozer struck him, according to a colleague at the site.
An Essex Police spokesman said: “Police were called to a fatal industrial accident in a field near junction 29 of the M25 where a man died after being struck by plant machinery.
“We were called at 9.50am.
You may also want to watch:
“Air ambulance attended and the HSE have been informed and will be attending.”
See Friday’s Romford Recorder for the full report.
- 1 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 2 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 3 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 4 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 5 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 6 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 7 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 8 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 9 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 10 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering