Man dies in Hutton car crash
A MAN in his 80s was killed and two women were injured in a crash in Hutton involving three vehicles.
The accident happened on the A129 Rayleigh Road after the man, who was driving a Ford Focus, was taken ill at the wheel.
His vehicle hit a stationary van, and a car which was travelling in the opposite direction on Thursday (January 6).
Three ambulances and a helicopter from the Hertforshire air ambulance attended the scene around 11.30am but the driver, who was from the Brentwood area, was pronounced dead at Basildon Hospital.
His female passenger, also in her 80s, was taken to hospital with serious chest and neck injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Ambulance duty operations manager Martin Lockhart, from the East of England Ambulance service said: “All crews worked hard to ensure that clinical care was given in a quick and professional manner.
The van driver was able to get out of her vehicle and assist; she suffered some shock and we conveyed her to hospital for further care.”
- 1 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 2 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 3 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 4 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 5 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 6 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 7 'It's appalling' - Frustration over persistent Collier Row water leak
- 8 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
- 9 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 10 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
Any witnesses who have not already contacted police are asked to speak to the road policing unit at Chigwell on 0300 333 4444.