Man dies after being hit by train at Harold Wood
A man died after being struck by a train at Harold Wood station on Saturday.
The 48-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene after being hit by the 5.13pm Liverpool Street to Southend Victoria service.
A spokesman from the British Transport Police (BTP) said: “Officers from BTP and the Metropolitan Police attended the incident, which was reported at 5.36pm and is currently being treated as non-suspicious.
“Paramedics from the London Ambulance Service also attended but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
“A file will be prepared for the coroner.”
You may also want to watch:
He is believed to be from the local area.
The station was re-opened around 6.30pm, and there were delays on the line.
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 6 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 7 Cladding scandal: Homeowners ‘stuck’ as service charges rise
- 8 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 9 Detectives appeal for witnesses to Upminster crash involving 'stolen' van
- 10 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel