Woman injured as man believed to have fled Collier Row crash
- Credit: Paresh Raja
A man is believed to have fled the scene of a Collier Row crash which saw a woman suffer a head injury.
Police were called at 8.50pm on Thursday, March 25 to Mawney Road following reports of a road traffic collision involving two cars.
Officers attended with London Ambulance Service (LAS) and London Fire Brigade (LFB).
A woman in her 20s was found at the scene and treated for a head injury, which is not believed to be life-threatening.
One man is believed to have decamped from a vehicle and fled. Enquiries to locate him are ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
An LAS spokesperson said: "We were called at 8.56pm yesterday to reports of a road traffic collision on Mawney Road, Romford.
"We sent two ambulance crews, a medic in a car and an incident response officer. A woman was treated at the scene and taken to a hospital as a priority."
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 4 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 5 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 6 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 7 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
- 8 Brentwood's unsung heroes helping the community during the pandemic
- 9 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 10 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
The National Police Air Service provided assistance.
Road closures have now been lifted.