Woman injured as man believed to have fled Collier Row crash
- Credit: Paresh Raja
A man is believed to have fled the scene of a Collier Row crash which saw a woman suffer a head injury.
Police were called at 8.50pm on Thursday, March 25 to Mawney Road following reports of a road traffic collision involving two cars.
Officers attended with London Ambulance Service (LAS) and London Fire Brigade (LFB).
A woman in her 20s was found at the scene and treated for a head injury, which is not believed to be life-threatening.
One man is believed to have decamped from a vehicle and fled. Enquiries to locate him are ongoing.
An LAS spokesperson said: "We were called at 8.56pm yesterday to reports of a road traffic collision on Mawney Road, Romford.
"We sent two ambulance crews, a medic in a car and an incident response officer. A woman was treated at the scene and taken to a hospital as a priority."
- 1 Property spotlight: Property prices rocket around Premier League team's training ground
- 2 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 3 Apology issued after NHS nurse 'was failed by short-staffed Queen's Hospital maternity ward'
- 4 13 flats and three commercial units in new four-storey block approved for Romford town centre
- 5 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 6 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 7 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 8 Another dispersal order in Elm Park amid youth ASB crackdown
- 9 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Havering
- 10 'Crucial' consultation begins on proposed changes to Lower Thames Crossing project
The National Police Air Service provided assistance.
Road closures have now been lifted.