Man arrested after stabbing in Nando’s The Brewery, Romford
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after a stabbing incident in Nando’s restaurant, The Brewery shopping centre, Romford yesterday.
The victim was taken to hospital by air ambulance and the shopping centre was closed until this morning and cordoned off by police.
Jessie Benchrifa, 29, of Hood Road, Rainham, saw the victim propped up against a photobooth.
“He looked like just a kid,” she said. “He was black, wearing a white T-shirt, and blue jeans.
“It was awful, especially at that time in the afternoon. He was laying there unconscious, he wasn’t awake or talking to anyone.
You may also want to watch:
“There was a girl next to him trying to talk to him and there were lots of paramedics there and blood on his shirt.”
Air ambulance crews landed on top of the centre’s car park before treating the victim.
- 1 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 4 Rainham flat ravaged by late night blaze
- 5 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 6 Campaigners ‘overjoyed’ and developer to 'consider its next steps' following Gallows Corner Tesco refusal
- 7 Covid-19: How has Havering fared over the last four weeks?
- 8 Application to install 5G mast in Cranham refused
- 9 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 10 Romford church to offer new debt support scheme
Tributes across social media flooded in for the victim.
@RobynWallace_ posted on Twitter that she saw the victim lying on the floor: “Boy laying stabbed in the Brewery in Romford. So so scary that it even happens in broad daylight. Hope he’s ok.”
@jjjjessyj said: “Disgusting, hope the poor guy is okay”
@CaptainNickFury tweeted: “Tragic it happened in Romford as the brewery was such a safe place to go to. Hope the man not seriously injured.”
Havering police are asking for witnesses to call 101.