Man, 65, dies in two car collision in North Ockendon
- Credit: sub
A 65-year-old man died at the scene of a two car collision in North Ockendon yesterday evening.
London Fire Service was called to Ockendon Road, close to Grove Farm, at 8.26pm.
The man was declared dead at the scene, despite the efforts of London Ambulance Service to deliver CPR.
A 50-year-old woman was released from her vehicle by fire fighters and taken to hospital by ambulance.
The road was closed for two hours.
You may also want to watch:
The officer in charge of the incident, Bill Gough, of Hornchurch Fire Station praised his crew for their efforts to save the man giving special mention to crew manager Vanhegan and fire fighter Canon.
- 1 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 2 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 3 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 4 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 5 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 6 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 7 Netball club in 4,700 mile fundraising challenge to buy tablet for school or care home
- 8 DAB radios donated to Queen's Hospital for those too weak to hold a phone
- 9 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 10 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions