Man, 21, threatened with knife as car hijacked in Romford
- Credit: Archant
A young motorist was threatened with a knife and forced to hand over his car keys during a hijacking last night.
The 21-year-old was waiting for a friend in Essex Road, Romford, near the Mawney Road junction, at about 9.30.pm, when two men approached him.
One of them reached through the open car window of his silver Ford Fiesta and grabbed the car keys. The second man threatened the victim with a knife.
The car owner got out of the passenger door and ran off, leaving the men to drive away in his car.
The Fiesta was later found abandoned in Marlborough Gardens, Upminster.
You may also want to watch:
The crooks were both white. The first man was about six feet tall and of medium build. He had stubble, shaved light ginger hair and dark tracksuit bottoms. He spoke in a local accent.
The second man was about an inch taller, and was described as stockily built with dark facial hair and light blue jeans.
- 1 Ex-councillor ordered to undo unauthorised green belt building works
- 2 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 4 'I'm terrified': Woman calls on council to move her to new accommodation
- 5 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 6 Romford woman arrested on suspicion of illegal money lending
- 7 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 8 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 9 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 10 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor
If you have any information about the incident, call Romford Police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.