Makeover for Rainham pub
A Rainham pub will be calling last orders next week while it undergoes a �335,000 makeover - creating 15 new jobs.
The Albion, in Rainham Road, which is being transformed into a steakhouse-themed pub called the Flaming Grill, will re-open on Sunday June 12.
General Manager Bernadette Isaacs said: “The Albion is a brilliant pub but is in need of this investment, which I am confident will go down a storm with our community.
“I am now on the look for dynamic, hard working individuals who want to be part of a new team and share in our success.”
The Albion is gearing itself up for its grand launch weekend celebrations on Saturday June 25 from noon.
You may also want to watch:
Bernadette added: “It’s going to be a wild fun day where everyone can get involved and let their hair down.
“In keeping with the Wild West theme, we are looking for a ‘sheriff’ to officially open the pub who will be someone within the community who does a great amount of good work but doesn’t get the deserved recognition. They and their ‘deputies’ will be treated to VIP treatment including a meal on us.”
- 1 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 2 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 3 New venture for Hornchurch MasterChef hairdresser
- 4 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 5 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 6 New rapid testing sites open in Romford and Upminster
- 7 'Beyond annoying' - New traffic measure coming to Hornchurch junction
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 UKIP vote from 2016 'significant' to Tory win in Havering and Redbridge
- 10 Three-year-old raises £10,000 with challenge inspired by Captain Tom
If you would like to nominate a sheriff – it could be an individual volunteer or a charity group – or if you are interested in applying for a position contact Bernadette, co-manager Mel Isaacs, on 01708 552 445.
The pub has been sold to the Punch Pub Company, a division of Punch Taverns which operates more than 6,770 bars nationwide.