Makeover for Rainham pub
A Rainham pub will be calling last orders next week while it undergoes a �335,000 makeover - creating 15 new jobs.
The Albion, in Rainham Road, which is being transformed into a steakhouse-themed pub called the Flaming Grill, will re-open on Sunday June 12.
General Manager Bernadette Isaacs said: “The Albion is a brilliant pub but is in need of this investment, which I am confident will go down a storm with our community.
“I am now on the look for dynamic, hard working individuals who want to be part of a new team and share in our success.”
The Albion is gearing itself up for its grand launch weekend celebrations on Saturday June 25 from noon.
You may also want to watch:
Bernadette added: “It’s going to be a wild fun day where everyone can get involved and let their hair down.
“In keeping with the Wild West theme, we are looking for a ‘sheriff’ to officially open the pub who will be someone within the community who does a great amount of good work but doesn’t get the deserved recognition. They and their ‘deputies’ will be treated to VIP treatment including a meal on us.”
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 5 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 6 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 8 'Second of its kind' interactive Oceanarium room to open in Romford
- 9 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
- 10 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
If you would like to nominate a sheriff – it could be an individual volunteer or a charity group – or if you are interested in applying for a position contact Bernadette, co-manager Mel Isaacs, on 01708 552 445.
The pub has been sold to the Punch Pub Company, a division of Punch Taverns which operates more than 6,770 bars nationwide.