Maher set for Essex Senior Cup start but Bingham out for two weeks
Midfielder Kevin Maher set for return in Essex Senior Cup tie tonight but fellow midfielder Billy Bingham is on the treatment table.
Going into tonight’s Essex Senior Cup third round tie with Ryman Premier side Concord Rangers at Victoria Road, Daggers boss John Still is set to give midfielder Kevin Maher a start as he steps up his recovery from a foot injury which required two operations.
The likes of Brian Woodall, Dominic Green and Gavin Hoyte will be included, while other fringe and youth team players will get a chance.
But Still confirmed Billy Bingham will be unavailable for the trip to York City on Saturday and for another couple of weeks after picking up a groin injury in the 4-3 win over Bradford City.
However, Still was delighted with the return of Matt Saunders, who came in to replace the 22-year-old in Saturday’s 2-1 victory at Chesterfield.
You may also want to watch:
“Billy picked up the groin injury and we didn’t expect there to be any problem, but it seems it’ll be a couple of weeks before he is back,” said Still.
“But Matt has come in and impressed, he’s been missing for a while but he is another one where it will take him a few games to get going.”
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 6 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 7 Dagenham seal comfortable win over Hornchurch in pre-season
- 8 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 9 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
- 10 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted