Romford’s Mercury Mall raises more than £700 with Macmillan coffee morning
- Credit: Archant
Staff at The Mercury were “overwhelmed” by the success of this year’s Macmillan coffee morning.
Shoppers were invited to have a cake and cup of tea on Saturday, September 28 as part of Macmillan's World's Biggest Coffee Morning.
As well as a mouthwatering selection of cakes baked by members of the Mercury's staff and Breakfast Club ladies, there were also knitted and crocheted novelty cakes as soft toys for children and handmade cards.
Karen Sach, helpdesk ambassador at The Mercury, said: "Our MacMillan coffee morning was amazing, we are so grateful to our retailers, Breakfast Club members and work colleagues for their donations and brilliant cake making contributions.
"We were overwhelmed with the array of cakes. It looked delightful.
You may also want to watch:
"It really warmed our hearts to witness the generosity of support and contributions from our customers and friends.
"Last year we raised a staggering £265.35 and this year an amazing £743.20 proving, once again, just how generous our shoppers can be."
- 1 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 2 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 3 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 4 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 5 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 6 Havering Council looking for residents to become Covid marshals
- 7 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 8 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week