Lorry sheds its load across M25 lanes between Romford and Chelmsford causing major delays
- Credit: Archant
There are severe delays on the M25 anti-clockwise between Romford and Brentwood after a lorry shed its load across all lanes this morning (Thursday, October 24).
Highways England confirmed the incident was first reported at 7.39am between junction 29 for Romford and junction 28 for Chelmsford.
The organisation tweeted: "A lorry has shed its load across all lanes. We also have a stranded lorry in lane two. Please pass with care, traffic officers are en route."
The incident, which has been listed as "debris on the carriageway" by Highways England, is expected to be cleared by 9.15am, but a return to normal traffic conditions is not expected until 10.15am.
There are currently delays of up to 30 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Lane closures remain in place.
- 1 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 2 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 3 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 4 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 5 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 6 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 7 DAB radios donated to Queen's Hospital for those too weak to hold a phone
- 8 Netball club in 4,700 mile fundraising challenge to buy tablet for school or care home
- 9 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 10 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?