Traffic: Protests cause M25 chaos between Upminster and QE2 Bridge
- Credit: Traffic England / www.motorwaycameras.co.uk
Protesters near the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge (QE2) at the Dartford Crossing are causing traffic chaos on the M25.
Southbound traffic on the motorway is currently backed up between junction 29, near Upminster, and junctions 1A and 1B on the other side of the Thames.
Protesters are believed to have glued their hands to the road in some places.
It's understood the protesters are members of Insulate Britain, which is campaigning for "leaky homes" to be insulated, starting with social housing.
Highways England currently says normal traffic conditions should return between 1.45pm and 2pm, when the incident is expected to be cleared.
You may also want to watch:
Kent Police have so far arrested 21 people on suspicion of obstructing the highway.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 2 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 3 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 4 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 5 Havering road and rail delays to look out for next week
- 6 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 7 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 8 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 9 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 10 National Hospitality Day: Locals stuck by cafe through 'thick and thin'