Lucky escape for motorcyclist in Rainham
A MOTORCYCLIST escaped uninjured from a road crash in Rainham on Thursday.
The man who was riding an Aprilla motorbike was in collision with a blue Opel car in Rainham Road, Rainham, on Thursday afternoon.
Police and a London Ambulance crew were called to the scene at the junction with Blake Close around 4.15pm.
A Havering Police spokesman said: “It was a non-injury accident. There was damage only to the vehicles. Both the rider and the driver exchanged names and addresses.”
London Ambulance Service sent a single responder in a car and an ambulance crew but there were no patients.
The police spokesman added: “The rider initially said he was going to go to hospital to be checked out but then changed his mind because he had no injuries.”
A resident who lives near the junction said: “A guy came off his moped. He must have slipped because it was wet.”
- 1 Isla Caton 'gains her angel wings' after five-year cancer battle
- 2 'I just shut my eyes': Murder accused tells of moment he ran over victim
- 3 WATCH: Man accelerates towards unconscious victim outside Sugar Hut
- 4 Hornchurch Japanese restaurant rejects licensing officer's advice over late opening application
- 5 Noise concern leads to conditioned approval for Hornchurch Japanese restaurant's alcohol and opening licence
- 6 Aldi given nod to open at former Mothercare branch in Romford
- 7 'Stop being so disgusting': Hornchurch mother's outrage at delivery drivers urinating on her house
- 8 Upminster bridal boutique gives back to frontline workers with £50 wedding dresses
- 9 Government denies campaigners' allegations Lower Thames Crossing is 'smart motorway'
- 10 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
“We were just pulling in to our house when we saw the ambulance pull away.”
Her husband said: “The guy walked across the road and picked something up and walked away.”
A driver who saw the scene of the crash said it was a helmet she saw the rider pick up from the road.
Another neighbour saw an ambulance and police at the scene and a motorbike standing up on the side of the road.
“I could see people standing around and police there so I thought there might have been a crash but I couldn’t see the rider.”