Lucky escape for motorcyclist in Rainham
A MOTORCYCLIST escaped uninjured from a road crash in Rainham on Thursday.
The man who was riding an Aprilla motorbike was in collision with a blue Opel car in Rainham Road, Rainham, on Thursday afternoon.
Police and a London Ambulance crew were called to the scene at the junction with Blake Close around 4.15pm.
A Havering Police spokesman said: “It was a non-injury accident. There was damage only to the vehicles. Both the rider and the driver exchanged names and addresses.”
London Ambulance Service sent a single responder in a car and an ambulance crew but there were no patients.
You may also want to watch:
The police spokesman added: “The rider initially said he was going to go to hospital to be checked out but then changed his mind because he had no injuries.”
A resident who lives near the junction said: “A guy came off his moped. He must have slipped because it was wet.”
- 1 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 2 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 3 New venture for Hornchurch MasterChef hairdresser
- 4 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 5 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 6 New rapid testing sites open in Romford and Upminster
- 7 'Beyond annoying' - New traffic measure coming to Hornchurch junction
- 8 UKIP vote from 2016 'significant' to Tory win in Havering and Redbridge
- 9 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 10 Three-year-old raises £10,000 with challenge inspired by Captain Tom
“We were just pulling in to our house when we saw the ambulance pull away.”
Her husband said: “The guy walked across the road and picked something up and walked away.”
A driver who saw the scene of the crash said it was a helmet she saw the rider pick up from the road.
Another neighbour saw an ambulance and police at the scene and a motorbike standing up on the side of the road.
“I could see people standing around and police there so I thought there might have been a crash but I couldn’t see the rider.”