Lucky escape for motorcyclist in Rainham
A MOTORCYCLIST escaped uninjured from a road crash in Rainham on Thursday.
The man who was riding an Aprilla motorbike was in collision with a blue Opel car in Rainham Road, Rainham, on Thursday afternoon.
Police and a London Ambulance crew were called to the scene at the junction with Blake Close around 4.15pm.
A Havering Police spokesman said: “It was a non-injury accident. There was damage only to the vehicles. Both the rider and the driver exchanged names and addresses.”
London Ambulance Service sent a single responder in a car and an ambulance crew but there were no patients.
You may also want to watch:
The police spokesman added: “The rider initially said he was going to go to hospital to be checked out but then changed his mind because he had no injuries.”
A resident who lives near the junction said: “A guy came off his moped. He must have slipped because it was wet.”
- 1 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 2 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 3 Weekly Covid cases across east London revealed
- 4 Deep clean of Havering aims to get streets 'back to how they should be’
- 5 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 6 'Gentle giant' driven propped up on van's floor with serious head injury, inquest hears
- 7 'Cover up or terrible mistake?': Family told hostel death inquest will not take place
- 8 Gidea Park school to celebrate 100th birthday
- 9 Hornchurch pub licensing meeting postponed due to 'possibly prejudicial' email
- 10 Hornchurch man ‘lucky’ for rare disorder diagnosis, thanks to junior doctor
“We were just pulling in to our house when we saw the ambulance pull away.”
Her husband said: “The guy walked across the road and picked something up and walked away.”
A driver who saw the scene of the crash said it was a helmet she saw the rider pick up from the road.
Another neighbour saw an ambulance and police at the scene and a motorbike standing up on the side of the road.
“I could see people standing around and police there so I thought there might have been a crash but I couldn’t see the rider.”