Lottery-winning carer’s joy over early birthday present from Havering hospice
It was double celebration time this week as two lucky residents received lottery winning cheques from St Francis Hospice.
Brenda Edwards, of Elm Park, was the big winner as she scooped the rollover second prize that stood at �3,000.
Brenda, who is 68 later this month, said: “I’ve never won anything in my life. This is a lovely early birthday present.”
Brenda, a full-time carer to her husband David who has Parkinson’s disease, says she plans to use her winnings to help him with his disability.
The first prize �1,000 winner for the draw made on September 7 was from Goodmayes. The winner has only been playing the lottery for a week. The hospice launched its weekly lottery to raise �1million for patient care over the first four years.
You may also want to watch:
n To join the lottery visit www.sfh.org.uk or call 01708 771433. You can have up to 20 numbers a week and can pay by direct debit
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 3 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 4 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 5 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 6 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 7 Romford MP slams Crossrail delay as it will miss Queen's platinum jubilee
- 8 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford