Lottery-winning carer’s joy over early birthday present from Havering hospice
It was double celebration time this week as two lucky residents received lottery winning cheques from St Francis Hospice.
Brenda Edwards, of Elm Park, was the big winner as she scooped the rollover second prize that stood at �3,000.
Brenda, who is 68 later this month, said: “I’ve never won anything in my life. This is a lovely early birthday present.”
Brenda, a full-time carer to her husband David who has Parkinson’s disease, says she plans to use her winnings to help him with his disability.
The first prize �1,000 winner for the draw made on September 7 was from Goodmayes. The winner has only been playing the lottery for a week. The hospice launched its weekly lottery to raise �1million for patient care over the first four years.
You may also want to watch:
n To join the lottery visit www.sfh.org.uk or call 01708 771433. You can have up to 20 numbers a week and can pay by direct debit
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 3 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 4 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 8 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 10 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’