Lord Digby Jones opens business academy in Upminster
The former director general of the Confederation of British Industry (CBI) opened a new educational facility in Upminster.
Lord Digby Jones opened the new Supply Chain Academy at Upminster Court, Hall Lane.
The academy will offer a range of courses based on skills of people working in ‘supply chain management’ in international business.
It is based on the idea of buyers, merchandisers and operators developing closely together.
The former minister, who is known as Baron Jones of Birmingham, said: “This Academy makes a statement and the statement is that learning and skills development is critically important.
You may also want to watch:
“The Supply Chain Academy is an inspirational venue to for those new to business and for those for whom business is deeply ingrained.”
For more information about the academy visit: www.supplychainacademy.org.uk.
- 1 Ex-councillor ordered to undo unauthorised green belt building works
- 2 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 'I'm terrified': Woman calls on council to move her to new accommodation
- 4 Romford woman arrested on suspicion of illegal money lending
- 5 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 6 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 7 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 8 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 9 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 10 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor