Lord Digby Jones opens business academy in Upminster
The former director general of the Confederation of British Industry (CBI) opened a new educational facility in Upminster.
Lord Digby Jones opened the new Supply Chain Academy at Upminster Court, Hall Lane.
The academy will offer a range of courses based on skills of people working in ‘supply chain management’ in international business.
It is based on the idea of buyers, merchandisers and operators developing closely together.
The former minister, who is known as Baron Jones of Birmingham, said: “This Academy makes a statement and the statement is that learning and skills development is critically important.
“The Supply Chain Academy is an inspirational venue to for those new to business and for those for whom business is deeply ingrained.”
For more information about the academy visit: www.supplychainacademy.org.uk.
- 1 Travel disruptions to look out for this week across east London
- 2 Twelve Havering properties sold for more than £1m in October
- 3 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 4 Heritage: How Gallows Corner got its sinister name
- 5 How The Apprentice's Thomas Skinner pivoted his business to weather Covid
- 6 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 7 Covid survivor, 16, urges people to get jabbed after months in hospital
- 8 Free parking to 'boost Havering's high streets' for Christmas season
- 9 Hanukkah 2021: Five ways to celebrate in east London
- 10 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?