Police, paramedics and London’s Air Ambulance respond to ‘man in need of medical assistance’ in Upminster
- Credit: Archant
London’s Air Ambulance reportedly landed in Upminster Park this afternoon after a man suffered a medical emergency in the town centre.
Local residents and business owners reported a number of police cars and ambulances in Station Road and Corbets Tey Road, and the Cranham Safer Neighbourhood Police Team tweeted that they were out in the town centre trying to find a suitable location for the air ambulance to land.
The tweet read: “Cranham SNT assisting London Air Ambulance looking for a perfect landing site to assist a person in need of medical assistance.”
An eyewitness reported seeing a man being treated while lying on the ground in Upminster Park.
A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman confirmed paramedics were responding to “a man taken ill” and that the London Ambulance Service (LAS) was leading the operation.
An LAS spokeswoman confirmed paramedics were called to Station Road at 1.49pm to “reports of a person unwell”.
She told the Recorder: “We sent two ambulance crews, a paramedic in a fast response car and an incident response officer to the scene.
- 1 Kem Cetinay: Love Island star offers ‘deepest condolences’ after fatal motorcycle collision
- 2 'Totally gutted’: Hornchurch nightclub owner vows to appeal after opening hours extension refused
- 3 Romford World Naked Bike Ride: How protest sits at the heart of the nude cycle
- 4 Motorcyclist dies after collision with car on Shepherds Hill
- 5 ‘It winds me up’: Cleanliness of Romford’s South Street slammed
- 6 Hornchurch police station: No movement on purchase plan as assurances sought about station's future
- 7 Romford flooring company proposes disused shop as site for new three-storey building with six homes
- 8 Man dies after suffering gunshot injuries in Harold Hill
- 9 Solution to blaze hotspot in Rainham may take 'some time' to find, residents warned
- 10 Ilford man charged with possession of knife after Romford nightclub search
“We also dispatched London’s Air Ambulance.
“The first ambulance arrived in four minutes.
“We treated a man at the scene and took him to hospital by road.”
A spokeswoman for London’as Air Ambulance added: “Our advanced trauma team was dispatched via aircraft by London Ambulance Service at 2.24pm today to reports of an incident in the Station Road area of Upminster.
!After treatment on scene the patient was transferred by road to hospital accompanied by London’s Air Ambulance.”