Police, paramedics and London’s Air Ambulance respond to ‘man in need of medical assistance’ in Upminster
- Credit: Archant
London’s Air Ambulance reportedly landed in Upminster Park this afternoon after a man suffered a medical emergency in the town centre.
Local residents and business owners reported a number of police cars and ambulances in Station Road and Corbets Tey Road, and the Cranham Safer Neighbourhood Police Team tweeted that they were out in the town centre trying to find a suitable location for the air ambulance to land.
The tweet read: “Cranham SNT assisting London Air Ambulance looking for a perfect landing site to assist a person in need of medical assistance.”
An eyewitness reported seeing a man being treated while lying on the ground in Upminster Park.
A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman confirmed paramedics were responding to “a man taken ill” and that the London Ambulance Service (LAS) was leading the operation.
An LAS spokeswoman confirmed paramedics were called to Station Road at 1.49pm to “reports of a person unwell”.
She told the Recorder: “We sent two ambulance crews, a paramedic in a fast response car and an incident response officer to the scene.
- 1 Romford pair to 'bring a little bit of raving' to 'more mature' Hornchurch community
- 2 Watch: Brawl erupts on Heath Park street outside pub
- 3 Man, 52, found with head injuries in Hornchurch
- 4 Unvaccinated patients may need to take Covid tests for hospital appointments as cases rise
- 5 Teen taken to hospital as 'priority' after being stabbed in Rainham
- 6 'Absolutely disgusting': 'Design defect' blamed for Harold Wood fountain repeatedly breaking
- 7 Romford theatre company celebrates 60 years with Shakespeare park performance
- 8 Application to open Papa John's takeaway in Hornchurch
- 9 Bid to turn Harold Wood motor shop into three-bedroom home refused by council
“We also dispatched London’s Air Ambulance.
“The first ambulance arrived in four minutes.
“We treated a man at the scene and took him to hospital by road.”
A spokeswoman for London’as Air Ambulance added: “Our advanced trauma team was dispatched via aircraft by London Ambulance Service at 2.24pm today to reports of an incident in the Station Road area of Upminster.
!After treatment on scene the patient was transferred by road to hospital accompanied by London’s Air Ambulance.”