TfL to take over Abellio Greater Anglia lines from May 31
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Train services from Shenfield to London Liverpool Street will be run by TfL from May 31.
The popular commuter line will be re-named TfL Rail and they will have overall responsibility for train frequency.
It is unknown whether they will change the existing timing of one train every 10 minutes.
TfL will also set the standards for station facilities and overall performance, and manage the fares and revenue.
They have made a commitment to improve the line’s reliability.
You may also want to watch:
TfL Rail will form part of Crossrail, with services from Shenfield to Paddington, via Romford, Gidea Park and Harold Wood, beginning in May 2019.
The line now appears on the official Tube map.
- 1 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 2 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 3 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 4 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 5 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 6 Havering Council looking for residents to become Covid marshals
- 7 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 8 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 9 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 10 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed