TfL to take over Abellio Greater Anglia lines from May 31
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Train services from Shenfield to London Liverpool Street will be run by TfL from May 31.
The popular commuter line will be re-named TfL Rail and they will have overall responsibility for train frequency.
It is unknown whether they will change the existing timing of one train every 10 minutes.
TfL will also set the standards for station facilities and overall performance, and manage the fares and revenue.
They have made a commitment to improve the line’s reliability.
You may also want to watch:
TfL Rail will form part of Crossrail, with services from Shenfield to Paddington, via Romford, Gidea Park and Harold Wood, beginning in May 2019.
The line now appears on the official Tube map.
- 1 Mum-of-two's long-term home 'nightmare' amid housing crisis
- 2 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 3 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 4 Met officers used 'excessive force' during Romford fight
- 5 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 6 Heritage: Is it Romford or Rumford? You decide
- 7 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 8 Woman 'repulsed and sick' after finding bug in Lidl yoghurt
- 9 Romford student receives Amazon bursary for women studying computer science
- 10 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?