TfL to take over Abellio Greater Anglia lines from May 31
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Train services from Shenfield to London Liverpool Street will be run by TfL from May 31.
The popular commuter line will be re-named TfL Rail and they will have overall responsibility for train frequency.
It is unknown whether they will change the existing timing of one train every 10 minutes.
TfL will also set the standards for station facilities and overall performance, and manage the fares and revenue.
They have made a commitment to improve the line’s reliability.
You may also want to watch:
TfL Rail will form part of Crossrail, with services from Shenfield to Paddington, via Romford, Gidea Park and Harold Wood, beginning in May 2019.
The line now appears on the official Tube map.
- 1 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 2 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 3 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 4 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 5 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 6 Ex-cop quizzed by police amid historic child sex investigation
- 7 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 8 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 9 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 10 ‘It was odd’: Nurse who battled breast cancer retires after 30 years