TfL to take over Abellio Greater Anglia lines from May 31
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Train services from Shenfield to London Liverpool Street will be run by TfL from May 31.
The popular commuter line will be re-named TfL Rail and they will have overall responsibility for train frequency.
It is unknown whether they will change the existing timing of one train every 10 minutes.
TfL will also set the standards for station facilities and overall performance, and manage the fares and revenue.
They have made a commitment to improve the line’s reliability.
You may also want to watch:
TfL Rail will form part of Crossrail, with services from Shenfield to Paddington, via Romford, Gidea Park and Harold Wood, beginning in May 2019.
The line now appears on the official Tube map.
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 3 New rapid testing sites open in Romford and Upminster
- 4 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 5 Family of Harvey Tyrrell campaigning for stricter pub safety laws
- 6 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 7 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 8 New venture for Hornchurch MasterChef hairdresser
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Money raised by Captain Tom to be used to fund new ambulances