Romford’s leave MP says he had ‘amazing response at polling stations’
- Credit: Archant
Romford MP Andrew Rosindell has said he met only one person planning to vote remain in Havering today.
After months of campaigning the votes have arrived in counting centres up and down the country.
As we await Havering’s result Mr Rosindell said: “I had an amazing response at polling stations. It was the most positive attitude I have ever known. Everyone was thumbs up and saying yep we are voting to leave.
“It was amazing, it was like that everywhere.”
Mr Rosindell said he would be thrilled if the BBCs prediction of 90per cent of Havering residents voting to leave is proven right, but that he would be happy with 75pc.
You may also want to watch:
Despite late polls Mr Rosindell feels the country will follow Romford and vote leave.
He added: “I have always said the polls are wrong and that the leave vote will be much bigger than predictions.”
- 1 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 2 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 3 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 4 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 5 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 6 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 7 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 8 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 9 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
- 10 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering