Romford’s leave MP says he had ‘amazing response at polling stations’
- Credit: Archant
Romford MP Andrew Rosindell has said he met only one person planning to vote remain in Havering today.
After months of campaigning the votes have arrived in counting centres up and down the country.
As we await Havering’s result Mr Rosindell said: “I had an amazing response at polling stations. It was the most positive attitude I have ever known. Everyone was thumbs up and saying yep we are voting to leave.
“It was amazing, it was like that everywhere.”
Mr Rosindell said he would be thrilled if the BBCs prediction of 90per cent of Havering residents voting to leave is proven right, but that he would be happy with 75pc.
You may also want to watch:
Despite late polls Mr Rosindell feels the country will follow Romford and vote leave.
He added: “I have always said the polls are wrong and that the leave vote will be much bigger than predictions.”
- 1 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 2 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 3 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 4 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 5 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 6 Ex-cop quizzed by police amid historic child sex investigation
- 7 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 8 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 9 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 10 ‘It was odd’: Nurse who battled breast cancer retires after 30 years