Romford’s leave MP says he had ‘amazing response at polling stations’
- Credit: Archant
Romford MP Andrew Rosindell has said he met only one person planning to vote remain in Havering today.
After months of campaigning the votes have arrived in counting centres up and down the country.
As we await Havering’s result Mr Rosindell said: “I had an amazing response at polling stations. It was the most positive attitude I have ever known. Everyone was thumbs up and saying yep we are voting to leave.
“It was amazing, it was like that everywhere.”
Mr Rosindell said he would be thrilled if the BBCs prediction of 90per cent of Havering residents voting to leave is proven right, but that he would be happy with 75pc.
Despite late polls Mr Rosindell feels the country will follow Romford and vote leave.
He added: “I have always said the polls are wrong and that the leave vote will be much bigger than predictions.”
- 1 'Stop being so disgusting': Hornchurch mother's outrage at delivery drivers urinating on her house
- 2 Aldi given nod to open at former Mothercare branch in Romford
- 3 Hornchurch Japanese restaurant rejects licensing officer's advice over late opening application
- 4 Upminster bridal boutique gives back to frontline workers with £50 wedding dresses
- 5 NHS staff protest mandatory vaccinations outside Queen's Hospital
- 6 Man found not guilty of attempted murder in Brentwood
- 7 Knife seized in Hornchurch as part of neighbourhood patrol
- 8 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 9 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford
- 10 Romford's South Street reacts to BBC licence fee announcement