Romford MP – ‘It’s a proud day for Havering’
- Credit: Archant
Romford’s MP Andrew Rosindell has described today as a ‘historic day for Havering and for Britain’.
The long time Brexit supporter said: “This is a historic day for Havering and for Britain and we are all proud of this moment.
“It’s been a long time coming and it’s an exciting time ahead for us all.
“I think it’s a proud day for Havering. I think Havering is once again ahead of the game and showed that the people of Havering can see what’s right even if the rest of London is stacked against us. Havering has once again grasped what is necessary and done the best thing for the country.”
The borough voted to leave the EU with 70 per cent of voters supporting Brexit.
You may also want to watch:
What do you think? Tweet @romfordrecorder
- 1 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 2 Mum-of-two's long-term home 'nightmare' amid housing crisis
- 3 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 4 Met officers used 'excessive force' during Romford fight
- 5 Romford student receives Amazon bursary for women studying computer science
- 6 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 7 Sensory room in Harold Hill school gets new mural
- 8 Heritage: Is it Romford or Rumford? You decide
- 9 Woman 'repulsed and sick' after finding bug in Lidl yoghurt
- 10 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood