Romford MP – ‘It’s a proud day for Havering’
- Credit: Archant
Romford’s MP Andrew Rosindell has described today as a ‘historic day for Havering and for Britain’.
The long time Brexit supporter said: “This is a historic day for Havering and for Britain and we are all proud of this moment.
“It’s been a long time coming and it’s an exciting time ahead for us all.
“I think it’s a proud day for Havering. I think Havering is once again ahead of the game and showed that the people of Havering can see what’s right even if the rest of London is stacked against us. Havering has once again grasped what is necessary and done the best thing for the country.”
The borough voted to leave the EU with 70 per cent of voters supporting Brexit.
You may also want to watch:
What do you think? Tweet @romfordrecorder
- 1 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 2 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 3 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 4 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 5 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 6 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 7 Netball club in 4,700 mile fundraising challenge to buy tablet for school or care home
- 8 DAB radios donated to Queen's Hospital for those too weak to hold a phone
- 9 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 10 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions