Romford MP – ‘It’s a proud day for Havering’
- Credit: Archant
Romford’s MP Andrew Rosindell has described today as a ‘historic day for Havering and for Britain’.
The long time Brexit supporter said: “This is a historic day for Havering and for Britain and we are all proud of this moment.
“It’s been a long time coming and it’s an exciting time ahead for us all.
“I think it’s a proud day for Havering. I think Havering is once again ahead of the game and showed that the people of Havering can see what’s right even if the rest of London is stacked against us. Havering has once again grasped what is necessary and done the best thing for the country.”
The borough voted to leave the EU with 70 per cent of voters supporting Brexit.
You may also want to watch:
What do you think? Tweet @romfordrecorder
- 1 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 2 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 3 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 4 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 5 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 6 Ex-cop quizzed by police amid historic child sex investigation
- 7 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 8 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 9 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 10 ‘It was odd’: Nurse who battled breast cancer retires after 30 years