Romford MP Andrew Rosindell urges residents to vote leave tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
The Recorder has invited MPs to put forward their final arguments before Havering heads to the polls tomorrow to cast their votes in the EU referendum.
Romford’s MP Andrew Rosindell has been a staunch supporter of Vote Leave.
He said: “Our membership of the EU has meant that more than 50per cent of our laws are NOT made by MPs that the British people elect and are instead imposed by an unelected, anti-democratic EU Commission. I believe Our Parliament, Supreme Court and Queen should be Sovereign in the UK, not the EU.
“As a result of our membership of the EU we can no longer trade freely around the world, as we always did before, as the EU prevents us from making our own free trade agreements, even with the Commonwealth.
“However, while our trade with the EU is plummeting, our trade globally is increasing and represents our future markets – we must therefore free our businesses of the pointless regulations, laws and red tape that costs billions and holds Britain back.
You may also want to watch:
“As a result of our membership of the EU, we cannot control migration from Europe, and consequently our public services are under immense stress.
“If we carry on taking in people at the current rate we will have to build a city the size of Newcastle every single year simply to keep up with demand. It is therefore clear that we must control our immigration as it cannot continue at the present rate, which is only possible outside of the EU.
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 4 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 5 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 6 Romford MP hails charity's 'extraordinary' work during Covid pandemic
- 7 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 8 Charity boss hails response after 'army of volunteers' come forward to support vaccine centres
- 9 Brentwood Tudor church damaged in illegal New Year's Eve party raises nearly £20,000 for repairs
- 10 Testing site for people without Covid symptoms opens in Elm Park
“I feel that we can achieve so much more outside of the European Union. We will be able to make our own laws, negotiate our own trade agreements, and control our own borders.
“Moreover without being shackled to the EU we will be able to restore and rebuild our economic, social and political ties with the Commonwealth Realms with whom we share so much in common.
“This is our very last chance to take back control of our country and protect our people. The EU is all about looking after the interest of Germany and France, not Britain.
“The vote on Britain’s membership of the European Union will be the most important in our lifetimes, so we have to get it right – there will be no second chance on this! I therefore urge you to join me and vote to LEAVE the EU on Thursday!”