Romford MP Andrew Rosindell stumps Boris Johnson with Commonwealth Flag question
- Credit: PA
Romford MP Andrew Rosindell sparked an embarrassing moment for Boris Johnson after he put the new Foreign Secretary on the spot.
It came after Mr Rosindell asked the former London Mayor whether the government intended on flying the Commonwealth Flag instead of the EU flag after Brexit.
But a puzzled Mr Johnson said: “I am unaware of the exact configuration of the Commonwealth Flag. What does it look like?”
The Foreign Secretary’s blushes were spared after an official came to his aid by promptly drawing the Commonwealth flag to show him.
At which point Mr Johnson replied by saying, “very good drawing, it looks like a lovely flag but I’m not going to commit to flying it.”
Mr Johnson was appearing before MPs of the Foreign Affairs committee in parliament for the first time yesterday since being given the role.
- 1 Plan for homes next to listed Hornchurch water tower rumoured to cover monks’ escape tunnel
- 2 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford
- 3 Man and woman arrested following Hornchurch stabbing
- 4 Fire crews free trapped driver after Hornchurch car crash
- 5 Rainham road closed as tactic to stop flytipping
- 6 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged or rejected in Havering
- 7 Mum-of-two honoured by US president Joe Biden
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 Woman 'slapped across face' in Brentwood restaurant
- 10 Two Havering councillors to stand down at next election