Romford MP Andrew Rosindell stumps Boris Johnson with Commonwealth Flag question
- Credit: PA
Romford MP Andrew Rosindell sparked an embarrassing moment for Boris Johnson after he put the new Foreign Secretary on the spot.
It came after Mr Rosindell asked the former London Mayor whether the government intended on flying the Commonwealth Flag instead of the EU flag after Brexit.
But a puzzled Mr Johnson said: “I am unaware of the exact configuration of the Commonwealth Flag. What does it look like?”
The Foreign Secretary’s blushes were spared after an official came to his aid by promptly drawing the Commonwealth flag to show him.
At which point Mr Johnson replied by saying, “very good drawing, it looks like a lovely flag but I’m not going to commit to flying it.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Johnson was appearing before MPs of the Foreign Affairs committee in parliament for the first time yesterday since being given the role.
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 4 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 5 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 6 'It was surreal': Hornchurch personal trainer wins £10k with family on TV gameshow
- 7 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 8 Brentwood Tudor church damaged in illegal New Year's Eve party raises nearly £20,000 for repairs
- 9 Heritage: Measuring speed of sound at Upminster
- 10 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week