Romford MP Andrew Rosindell stumps Boris Johnson with Commonwealth Flag question
- Credit: PA
Romford MP Andrew Rosindell sparked an embarrassing moment for Boris Johnson after he put the new Foreign Secretary on the spot.
It came after Mr Rosindell asked the former London Mayor whether the government intended on flying the Commonwealth Flag instead of the EU flag after Brexit.
But a puzzled Mr Johnson said: “I am unaware of the exact configuration of the Commonwealth Flag. What does it look like?”
The Foreign Secretary’s blushes were spared after an official came to his aid by promptly drawing the Commonwealth flag to show him.
At which point Mr Johnson replied by saying, “very good drawing, it looks like a lovely flag but I’m not going to commit to flying it.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Johnson was appearing before MPs of the Foreign Affairs committee in parliament for the first time yesterday since being given the role.
- 1 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 2 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 3 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 6 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 7 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 8 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 9 'I've never felt so excited' - Theatre company saved from collapse
- 10 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions