Romford MP Andrew Rosindell stumps Boris Johnson with Commonwealth Flag question
- Credit: PA
Romford MP Andrew Rosindell sparked an embarrassing moment for Boris Johnson after he put the new Foreign Secretary on the spot.
It came after Mr Rosindell asked the former London Mayor whether the government intended on flying the Commonwealth Flag instead of the EU flag after Brexit.
But a puzzled Mr Johnson said: “I am unaware of the exact configuration of the Commonwealth Flag. What does it look like?”
The Foreign Secretary’s blushes were spared after an official came to his aid by promptly drawing the Commonwealth flag to show him.
At which point Mr Johnson replied by saying, “very good drawing, it looks like a lovely flag but I’m not going to commit to flying it.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Johnson was appearing before MPs of the Foreign Affairs committee in parliament for the first time yesterday since being given the role.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 4 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 5 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 6 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 7 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 8 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 9 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 10 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review