Romford MP Andrew Rosindell says Theresa May’s snap general election announcement is the right decision
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Theresa May’s snap general election on June 8 has received the full support of Romford MP Andrew Rosindell.
Mrs May said as a result of the EU referendum the country needed stability, certainty and strong leadership.
Mr Rosindell agreed with the move.
“I think the prime minster has made the right decision to grant the British people the opportunity to elect a new parliament and government,” he said.
“The prime minster needs a clear and strong mandate from the British people to get on with the job of Brexit and put Britain first.
In her speech Mrs May referred to opposition from Labour, the Liberal Democrats and the Scottish National Party (SNP) as factors which lead to her decision.
The prime minster said the Lib Dems wanted to “grind” the business of government to a standstill, the SNP would vote against negotiations and Labour had threatened to vote against the final Brexit agreement.
- 1 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged or rejected in Havering
- 2 Fire crews free trapped driver after Hornchurch car crash
- 3 Woman 'slapped across face' in Brentwood restaurant
- 4 Romford accountant pleads guilty to 'calculated' £160k tax fraud
- 5 Plan for homes next to listed Hornchurch water tower rumoured to cover monks’ escape tunnel
- 6 Plans submitted for 35,000sqm of commercial floorspace in first phase of Rainham industrial estate redevelopment
- 7 Man dumps knife amid Hornchurch police chase
- 8 Confirmed: Rush Green Post Office set to move
- 9 Company dismisses 'unscrupulous individuals' reportedly caught flytipping in Rainham
- 10 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
“The country is coming together but Westminster is not,” she said.
Mr Rosindell added a strong majority was needed to get on with what was in Britain’s best interest.
“I hope the people of Romford and Havering will support this,” he said.
“By electing Conservative MPs they can ensure the best interests of the country.”