Romford MP Andrew Rosindell says Theresa May’s snap general election announcement is the right decision
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Theresa May’s snap general election on June 8 has received the full support of Romford MP Andrew Rosindell.
Mrs May said as a result of the EU referendum the country needed stability, certainty and strong leadership.
Mr Rosindell agreed with the move.
“I think the prime minster has made the right decision to grant the British people the opportunity to elect a new parliament and government,” he said.
“The prime minster needs a clear and strong mandate from the British people to get on with the job of Brexit and put Britain first.
You may also want to watch:
In her speech Mrs May referred to opposition from Labour, the Liberal Democrats and the Scottish National Party (SNP) as factors which lead to her decision.
The prime minster said the Lib Dems wanted to “grind” the business of government to a standstill, the SNP would vote against negotiations and Labour had threatened to vote against the final Brexit agreement.
- 1 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 2 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 3 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 4 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 5 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 From the town hall: The fight against Covid-19 continues in Havering
- 8 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 9 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
- 10 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
“The country is coming together but Westminster is not,” she said.
Mr Rosindell added a strong majority was needed to get on with what was in Britain’s best interest.
“I hope the people of Romford and Havering will support this,” he said.
“By electing Conservative MPs they can ensure the best interests of the country.”