Romford MP Andrew Rosindell says Theresa May’s snap general election announcement is the right decision
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Theresa May’s snap general election on June 8 has received the full support of Romford MP Andrew Rosindell.
Mrs May said as a result of the EU referendum the country needed stability, certainty and strong leadership.
Mr Rosindell agreed with the move.
“I think the prime minster has made the right decision to grant the British people the opportunity to elect a new parliament and government,” he said.
“The prime minster needs a clear and strong mandate from the British people to get on with the job of Brexit and put Britain first.
You may also want to watch:
In her speech Mrs May referred to opposition from Labour, the Liberal Democrats and the Scottish National Party (SNP) as factors which lead to her decision.
The prime minster said the Lib Dems wanted to “grind” the business of government to a standstill, the SNP would vote against negotiations and Labour had threatened to vote against the final Brexit agreement.
- 1 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 2 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 3 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 4 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 5 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 6 Weekly Covid cases across east London revealed
- 7 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 8 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 9 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 10 Deep clean of Havering aims to get streets 'back to how they should be’
“The country is coming together but Westminster is not,” she said.
Mr Rosindell added a strong majority was needed to get on with what was in Britain’s best interest.
“I hope the people of Romford and Havering will support this,” he said.
“By electing Conservative MPs they can ensure the best interests of the country.”