Romford MP Andrew Rosindell’s Vote Conservative campaign car caught in disabled bay
- Credit: Archant
Romford MP Andrew Rosindell’s famous 4x4 emblazoned with the Vote Conservative logo was snapped parked in a disabled bay in central London.
The “brazen” parking of the Conservative’s car on Tuesday was right next to bold “disabled” markings on the road that the driver would have had to stand on when exiting the car.
Mr Rosindell’s spokesman did not deny the politician’s car was parked illegally outside Pork’s BBQ, in Bankside, but insisted it was only for a “short time”.
But one onlooker told the Daily Mirror: “It was just brazen. His name is written in big letters all over the vehicle.
“Talk about taking liberties. Who does he think he is?”
The politician’s spokesman played down the criminal parking that can carry a fine of up to £1,000.
He said: “The MP’s campaign vehicle was only parked in London for a short time whilst the driver made a collection very early in the morning. The driver was unaware of any inconvenience caused directly by this, however we apologise if this was not the case.”
- 1 Hornchurch ranked top place in UK for takeaway fish and chips, study finds
- 2 Several hectares of Rainham grassland destroyed in fire
- 3 Man threatened and robbed of iPhone and bank card at Romford station
- 4 Launch events held for businesses targeted at the ‘more mature raver’
- 5 Appeal to find missing girl, 16, with links to Romford
- 6 London among areas where drought is declared
- 7 Road closures in place after Romford flat fire
- 8 'What about vulnerable people?’: Couple protest parking ticket from Gallows Corner Tesco after alleged ‘double dipping’ issue
- 9 ‘Great response’ in Romford at its inaugural World Naked Bike Ride event
- 10 Buckman backs Clarke to make mark with Romford Junior Raiders
Havering’s Conservative council leader Cllr Roger Ramsey has recently backed a crackdown on those illegally using blue badge disabled parking permits.
Earlier this month, he said: “The whole point of the blue badge scheme is to help those with disabilities. People who misuse the badge are taking a space that a person with a genuine disability needs and we take this very seriously.
“We cannot have people using these badges if they are not disabled and those who are disabled should not let others use their badge illegally.”