Romford MP Andrew Rosindell’s Vote Conservative campaign car caught in disabled bay
- Credit: Archant
Romford MP Andrew Rosindell’s famous 4x4 emblazoned with the Vote Conservative logo was snapped parked in a disabled bay in central London.
The “brazen” parking of the Conservative’s car on Tuesday was right next to bold “disabled” markings on the road that the driver would have had to stand on when exiting the car.
Mr Rosindell’s spokesman did not deny the politician’s car was parked illegally outside Pork’s BBQ, in Bankside, but insisted it was only for a “short time”.
But one onlooker told the Daily Mirror: “It was just brazen. His name is written in big letters all over the vehicle.
“Talk about taking liberties. Who does he think he is?”
You may also want to watch:
The politician’s spokesman played down the criminal parking that can carry a fine of up to £1,000.
He said: “The MP’s campaign vehicle was only parked in London for a short time whilst the driver made a collection very early in the morning. The driver was unaware of any inconvenience caused directly by this, however we apologise if this was not the case.”
- 1 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 2 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 5 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 6 What's happening on the roads and railways next week?
- 7 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 8 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 9 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 10 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
Havering’s Conservative council leader Cllr Roger Ramsey has recently backed a crackdown on those illegally using blue badge disabled parking permits.
Earlier this month, he said: “The whole point of the blue badge scheme is to help those with disabilities. People who misuse the badge are taking a space that a person with a genuine disability needs and we take this very seriously.
“We cannot have people using these badges if they are not disabled and those who are disabled should not let others use their badge illegally.”