Poll: Havering MPs’ expenses exceed half-a-million pounds
- Credit: Archant
Havering’s MPs expenses totalled more than half-a-million pounds last year.
MPs Andrew Rosindell, Dame Angela Watkinson and Jon Cruddas claimed a combined total of £498,170.29.
Romford MP Mr Rosindell claimed the most of the trio with a total of £177,021.40 in 2013/14 on top of his nearly £77,000 salary.
The Conservative spent just under £150,000 on additional staffing, according figures released by watchdog Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority.
The MPs are yet to respond to the Recorder’s request for comment.
You may also want to watch:
More to follow...
- 1 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 2 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 3 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 4 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 5 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 6 BHRUT 'determined to learn' after inquest finds failures in pensioner's care before her death
- 7 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford
- 8 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school