Poll: Havering MPs’ expenses exceed half-a-million pounds
- Credit: Archant
Havering’s MPs expenses totalled more than half-a-million pounds last year.
MPs Andrew Rosindell, Dame Angela Watkinson and Jon Cruddas claimed a combined total of £498,170.29.
Romford MP Mr Rosindell claimed the most of the trio with a total of £177,021.40 in 2013/14 on top of his nearly £77,000 salary.
The Conservative spent just under £150,000 on additional staffing, according figures released by watchdog Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority.
The MPs are yet to respond to the Recorder’s request for comment.
You may also want to watch:
More to follow...
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 3 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 4 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 5 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 6 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 7 'Second of its kind' interactive Oceanarium room to open in Romford
- 8 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 9 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
- 10 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford