Poll: Havering MPs’ expenses exceed half-a-million pounds
- Credit: Archant
Havering’s MPs expenses totalled more than half-a-million pounds last year.
MPs Andrew Rosindell, Dame Angela Watkinson and Jon Cruddas claimed a combined total of £498,170.29.
Romford MP Mr Rosindell claimed the most of the trio with a total of £177,021.40 in 2013/14 on top of his nearly £77,000 salary.
The Conservative spent just under £150,000 on additional staffing, according figures released by watchdog Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority.
The MPs are yet to respond to the Recorder’s request for comment.
You may also want to watch:
More to follow...
- 1 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 2 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 3 New venture for Hornchurch MasterChef hairdresser
- 4 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 5 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 6 New rapid testing sites open in Romford and Upminster
- 7 'Beyond annoying' - New traffic measure coming to Hornchurch junction
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 UKIP vote from 2016 'significant' to Tory win in Havering and Redbridge
- 10 Three-year-old raises £10,000 with challenge inspired by Captain Tom