Police close A13 in Wennington as car speeds wrong way down dual carriageway
- Credit: Archant
Police officers were forced to temporarily close a stretch of the A13 last night (Wednesday, September 5) after a car driving the wrong way down the dual carriageway caused traffic chaos.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed officers were called to a stretch of the road at Wennington to reports of cars travelling the wrong way at 10.23pm.
They attended the scene and closed the road briefly while officers supervised traffic flow.
There are no reports of any arrests or serious injuries.
Motorists faced delays of up to an hour while emergency services responded to the incident, with many taking to Twitter to confirm they had seen a car heading at speed the wrong way down the 60mph stretch of road.
You may also want to watch:
The Met has so far been unable to confirm reports that a multi-vehicle collision occured as a result of dangerous driving.
Transport for London’s Traffic News twitter account confirmed traffic had finally returned to normal on the road at 3.35am.
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Romford MP hails charity's 'extraordinary' work during Covid pandemic
- 4 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 5 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 6 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 7 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 8 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 9 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 10 Charity boss hails response after 'army of volunteers' come forward to support vaccine centres