Meeting of Havering Council: Report
- Credit: Archant
Improvements to Gallows Corner will be discussed with TFL bosses at a meeting later this year.
Cllr Osman Dervish, cabinet member for regulatory services and community safety, told a meeting of Havering Council he would campaign for action at the roundabout last night.
The meeting also heard that a the future of a swimming pool at Chaffords School would be determined in 2016.
During a debate regarding shared services with Newham Council members heard that the scheme would achieve £14 million of savings.
A further £60 million of savings will needed in the next four years.
You may also want to watch:
A Rainham and Wennington & South Hornchurch Working Party was also established at the meeting to explore major regeneration opportunities.
For a full report of the meeting see tomorrow’s Romford Recorder.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 3 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 4 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 5 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 6 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 7 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 8 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 9 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 10 Hornchurch Covid woodland memorial gets residents' backing, survey says