Meeting of Havering Council: Report
- Credit: Archant
Improvements to Gallows Corner will be discussed with TFL bosses at a meeting later this year.
Cllr Osman Dervish, cabinet member for regulatory services and community safety, told a meeting of Havering Council he would campaign for action at the roundabout last night.
The meeting also heard that a the future of a swimming pool at Chaffords School would be determined in 2016.
During a debate regarding shared services with Newham Council members heard that the scheme would achieve £14 million of savings.
A further £60 million of savings will needed in the next four years.
A Rainham and Wennington & South Hornchurch Working Party was also established at the meeting to explore major regeneration opportunities.
For a full report of the meeting see tomorrow’s Romford Recorder.
- 1 Man dumps knife amid Hornchurch police chase
- 2 Romford accountant pleads guilty to 'calculated' £160k tax fraud
- 3 Plans submitted for 35,000sqm of commercial floorspace in first phase of Rainham industrial estate redevelopment
- 4 Havering drivers pay more than £12m in traffic fines in less than a decade
- 5 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 6 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 7 ‘Every second there was less tree’: Historical oak trees along railway cut back
- 8 'So proud': Romford pupils achieve top grades in LAMDA exams
- 9 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 10 Taco Bell asks permission to open at ex-Thomas Cook site in Hornchurch