Meeting of Havering Council: Report
- Credit: Archant
Improvements to Gallows Corner will be discussed with TFL bosses at a meeting later this year.
Cllr Osman Dervish, cabinet member for regulatory services and community safety, told a meeting of Havering Council he would campaign for action at the roundabout last night.
The meeting also heard that a the future of a swimming pool at Chaffords School would be determined in 2016.
During a debate regarding shared services with Newham Council members heard that the scheme would achieve £14 million of savings.
A further £60 million of savings will needed in the next four years.
You may also want to watch:
A Rainham and Wennington & South Hornchurch Working Party was also established at the meeting to explore major regeneration opportunities.
For a full report of the meeting see tomorrow’s Romford Recorder.
- 1 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 2 Mum-of-two's long-term home 'nightmare' amid housing crisis
- 3 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 4 Romford student receives Amazon bursary for women studying computer science
- 5 Met officers used 'excessive force' during Romford fight
- 6 Seventh person arrested in connection with fatal stabbing in Harold Wood
- 7 Sensory room in Harold Hill school gets new mural
- 8 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 9 Heritage: Is it Romford or Rumford? You decide
- 10 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood