Meeting of Havering Council: Report
- Credit: Archant
Improvements to Gallows Corner will be discussed with TFL bosses at a meeting later this year.
Cllr Osman Dervish, cabinet member for regulatory services and community safety, told a meeting of Havering Council he would campaign for action at the roundabout last night.
The meeting also heard that a the future of a swimming pool at Chaffords School would be determined in 2016.
During a debate regarding shared services with Newham Council members heard that the scheme would achieve £14 million of savings.
A further £60 million of savings will needed in the next four years.
You may also want to watch:
A Rainham and Wennington & South Hornchurch Working Party was also established at the meeting to explore major regeneration opportunities.
For a full report of the meeting see tomorrow’s Romford Recorder.
- 1 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 2 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 3 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 4 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 5 'My life lit up': Councillor's joy at reuniting with daughter after more than 30 years
- 6 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 7 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 8 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 9 Council campaign calls on residents to take up Covid vaccine
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals reach 10,000 vaccinated milestone