‘Innovative’ McDonalds re-opens in South Street, Romford
- Credit: Archant
Fast food fans in Romford rejoice - McDonalds in South Street has reopened – and its got futuristic.
A king-sized investment from franchisee Gerry Byrne has served up some digital innovation, giving customers more choice as to how they order and pay, as well as how their food is prepared and served.
State of the art self-order kiosks will allow customers to browse the entire menu and check out the nutritional information of each meal before ordering.
They can then pay by card or contactless and go straight to the counter to pick up their order.
In the kitchens, new lay-outs and technology means food will be made especially to order.
Romford McDonald’s franchisee Gerry Byrne runs seven restaurants employing 450 people.
He said: “We’re thrilled with the transformation because we’re committed to offering our customers’ more choice and fast service.”
- 1 'Stop being so disgusting': Hornchurch mother's outrage at delivery drivers urinating on her house
- 2 Aldi given nod to open at former Mothercare branch in Romford
- 3 Upminster bridal boutique gives back to frontline workers with £50 wedding dresses
- 4 Hornchurch Japanese restaurant rejects licensing officer's advice over late opening application
- 5 NHS staff protest mandatory vaccinations outside Queen's Hospital
- 6 Man found not guilty of attempted murder in Brentwood
- 7 Knife seized in Hornchurch as part of neighbourhood patrol
- 8 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 9 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford
- 10 Romford's South Street reacts to BBC licence fee announcement