‘Innovative’ McDonalds re-opens in South Street, Romford
- Credit: Archant
Fast food fans in Romford rejoice - McDonalds in South Street has reopened – and its got futuristic.
A king-sized investment from franchisee Gerry Byrne has served up some digital innovation, giving customers more choice as to how they order and pay, as well as how their food is prepared and served.
State of the art self-order kiosks will allow customers to browse the entire menu and check out the nutritional information of each meal before ordering.
They can then pay by card or contactless and go straight to the counter to pick up their order.
In the kitchens, new lay-outs and technology means food will be made especially to order.
You may also want to watch:
Romford McDonald’s franchisee Gerry Byrne runs seven restaurants employing 450 people.
He said: “We’re thrilled with the transformation because we’re committed to offering our customers’ more choice and fast service.”
- 1 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 2 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 3 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 4 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 5 Ex-cop quizzed by police amid historic child sex investigation
- 6 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 7 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 8 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 9 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 10 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man