Hornchurch hairdresser sweeps floor with opposition for top award
- Credit: Archant
A hairdresser has proved she really is a cut above the rest by picking up a prestigious industry award.
Stylist Sam Thomas, who works at The Vanilla Room, High Street, Hornchuch, swept the floor with the rest of the contenders at the Central Photographic Competition on Sunday, where she scooped the Top Barbering award.
She was applauded by industry judges for her on-trend styling, precision and technical cutting.
“I took inspiration for my look from the retro styles featured in London Fashion Week,” said Sam, 24, of Hornchurch. “Creating such a precision look takes dedication and real attention to detail.
“I’m so proud to have been awarded the title and will be using all that I’ve learned in the salon, helping to share my knowledge with the other stylists and trainees.”
You may also want to watch:
Sam joined the Vanilla Room team two years ago and trained at its in-house Haircamp academy.
Senior trainer, Emma Sykes, said: “Sam worked incredibly hard in the build up to the competition. Men’s barbering is notoriously technical. Her win is further confirmation of her absolute dedication to outstanding cutting – she’s made us all very proud.”
- 1 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 2 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 3 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 6 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 7 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 8 'I've never felt so excited' - Theatre company saved from collapse
- 9 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 10 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions