Hornchurch hairdresser sweeps floor with opposition for top award
- Credit: Archant
A hairdresser has proved she really is a cut above the rest by picking up a prestigious industry award.
Stylist Sam Thomas, who works at The Vanilla Room, High Street, Hornchuch, swept the floor with the rest of the contenders at the Central Photographic Competition on Sunday, where she scooped the Top Barbering award.
She was applauded by industry judges for her on-trend styling, precision and technical cutting.
“I took inspiration for my look from the retro styles featured in London Fashion Week,” said Sam, 24, of Hornchurch. “Creating such a precision look takes dedication and real attention to detail.
“I’m so proud to have been awarded the title and will be using all that I’ve learned in the salon, helping to share my knowledge with the other stylists and trainees.”
You may also want to watch:
Sam joined the Vanilla Room team two years ago and trained at its in-house Haircamp academy.
Senior trainer, Emma Sykes, said: “Sam worked incredibly hard in the build up to the competition. Men’s barbering is notoriously technical. Her win is further confirmation of her absolute dedication to outstanding cutting – she’s made us all very proud.”
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 4 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 5 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 6 'It was surreal': Hornchurch personal trainer wins £10k with family on TV gameshow
- 7 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 8 Brentwood Tudor church damaged in illegal New Year's Eve party raises nearly £20,000 for repairs
- 9 Heritage: Measuring speed of sound at Upminster
- 10 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week