Hornchurch hairdresser sweeps floor with opposition for top award
- Credit: Archant
A hairdresser has proved she really is a cut above the rest by picking up a prestigious industry award.
Stylist Sam Thomas, who works at The Vanilla Room, High Street, Hornchuch, swept the floor with the rest of the contenders at the Central Photographic Competition on Sunday, where she scooped the Top Barbering award.
She was applauded by industry judges for her on-trend styling, precision and technical cutting.
“I took inspiration for my look from the retro styles featured in London Fashion Week,” said Sam, 24, of Hornchurch. “Creating such a precision look takes dedication and real attention to detail.
“I’m so proud to have been awarded the title and will be using all that I’ve learned in the salon, helping to share my knowledge with the other stylists and trainees.”
You may also want to watch:
Sam joined the Vanilla Room team two years ago and trained at its in-house Haircamp academy.
Senior trainer, Emma Sykes, said: “Sam worked incredibly hard in the build up to the competition. Men’s barbering is notoriously technical. Her win is further confirmation of her absolute dedication to outstanding cutting – she’s made us all very proud.”
- 1 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 2 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 3 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 4 Ex-cop quizzed by police amid historic child sex investigation
- 5 Havering road and rail delays to look out for next week
- 6 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 7 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 8 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 9 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 10 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months