Final Havering ward election result announced after three counts
- Credit: Adriana Elgueta
The Conservatives have won the last three of Havering’s council seats.
Following multiple requests for recounts in the Rainham and Wennington ward, this evening (May 9) the ward's three elected councillors have been declared at Romford Town Hall.
Tory candidates Sarah Edwards, Jackie McArdle and Sue Ospreay were declared the ward’s new councillors, winning the three seats with more than 3,900 votes combined.
Jeffery Tucker and David Durant, both of Rainham Independent Residents' Association, have lost their seats.
The three winners battled against seven others to secure their place on the council.
This brings the total seats won by the Conservatives to 23 seats - down two when compared to 2018 - while Residents' Associations have also won a combined 23 seats, down one from the same year.
Labour have claimed nine seats – up four from 2018.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 3 'Crucial' consultation begins on proposed changes to Lower Thames Crossing project
- 4 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Havering
- 5 Here are five top-rated delicious 'cheap eats' in Havering, according to Tripadvisor
- 6 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 7 As many as 15 injured in Gidea Park bus crash
- 8 Have your say: End of consultation on plans for 860 Romford homes looms
- 9 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 10 'Irreversible stress': Nearly 2,000 oppose move to suspend Cranham and Upminster midwifery service
Rainham and Wennington - three seats
Susan Adams, Green: 242
Simon Maurice Darvill, Labour: 881
David Warren Durant, Rainham Independent Residents' Association (Rainham/Wennington): 955
Sarah Jane Edwards, Conservative: 1,206 (elected)
Mohammed Abdullah Siddique Ibnay Ambia, Labour: 827
Jackie McArdle, Conservative: 1,295 (elected)
Antonia Osammor, Labour: 825
Sue Ospreay, Conservative: 1,443 (elected)
Alby Tebbutt, Rainham Independent Residents' Association (Rainham/Wennington): 848
Jeffrey Tucker, Rainham Independent Residents' Association (Rainham/Wennington): 1,194