Havering GLA member backs Boris Johnson to be next prime minister
- Credit: Archant
GLA member for Redbridge and Havering Keith Prince is already backing Boris Johnson to be the next prime minister.
Talking to the Recorder following the UK’s referendum leave vote, Mr Prince said he was “euphoric”.
He admitted there will be a price to pay in the short term, but he believes this is a positive step for the future of the country.
“We will be able to take control of our destiny and take control of our borders.
“A small adjustment now will bring us more benefits in the future,” he said.
Mr Prince said he wasn’t against immigration but wanted people coming to Britain to be contributing new skills to the country.
Describing David Cameron’s resignation as “honourable”, Mr Prince said he was now backing former London mayor Boris Johnson “200 per cent” to become the next prime minister, who will be elected by the Conservative Party in October.
- 1 Launch events held for businesses targeted at the ‘more mature raver’
- 2 Romford World Naked Bike Ride: How protest sits at the heart of the nude cycle
- 3 London among areas where drought is declared
- 4 'What about vulnerable people?’: Couple protest parking ticket from Gallows Corner Tesco after alleged ‘double dipping’ issue
- 5 Hornchurch ranked top place in UK for takeaway fish and chips, study finds
- 6 Several hectares of Rainham grassland destroyed in fire
- 7 Man threatened and robbed of iPhone and bank card at Romford station
- 8 Road closures in place after Romford flat fire
- 9 Man charged with attempted murder after 23-year-old stabbed in Hornchurch
- 10 Appeal to find missing girl, 16, with links to Romford
“We need to have someone with a vision for Britain outside of the EU to lead us to the promise land and that man is Boris Johnson,” he said.
Praising Mr Johnson’s “statesmanship”, he added the former mayor would unite the Conservative Party and stood a good chance in the upcoming election.
“I have never seen a politician, who is so popular on the streets,” he said.