Havering GLA member backs Boris Johnson to be next prime minister
- Credit: Archant
GLA member for Redbridge and Havering Keith Prince is already backing Boris Johnson to be the next prime minister.
Talking to the Recorder following the UK’s referendum leave vote, Mr Prince said he was “euphoric”.
He admitted there will be a price to pay in the short term, but he believes this is a positive step for the future of the country.
“We will be able to take control of our destiny and take control of our borders.
“A small adjustment now will bring us more benefits in the future,” he said.
Mr Prince said he wasn’t against immigration but wanted people coming to Britain to be contributing new skills to the country.
Describing David Cameron’s resignation as “honourable”, Mr Prince said he was now backing former London mayor Boris Johnson “200 per cent” to become the next prime minister, who will be elected by the Conservative Party in October.
- 1 Man dumps knife amid Hornchurch police chase
- 2 Havering drivers pay more than £12m in traffic fines in less than a decade
- 3 Romford accountant pleads guilty to 'calculated' £160k tax fraud
- 4 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 5 ‘Every second there was less tree’: Historical oak trees along railway cut back
- 6 Plans submitted for 35,000sqm of commercial floorspace in first phase of Rainham industrial estate redevelopment
- 7 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 8 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 9 'So proud': Romford pupils achieve top grades in LAMDA exams
- 10 Taco Bell asks permission to open at ex-Thomas Cook site in Hornchurch
“We need to have someone with a vision for Britain outside of the EU to lead us to the promise land and that man is Boris Johnson,” he said.
Praising Mr Johnson’s “statesmanship”, he added the former mayor would unite the Conservative Party and stood a good chance in the upcoming election.
“I have never seen a politician, who is so popular on the streets,” he said.