Havering Council planning round-up
- Credit: Archant
Some of the decisions made at Havering Council’s regulatory services committee last week.
A motion on whether the former Whitehouse Kennels site in St Mary’s Lane, Upminster, can be turned into a holiday park will be decided at a future meeting.
A long discussion had been heard on the matter before Cllr Jeff Brace (Conservative, Emerson Park) said he believed that there was a historical condition on the site which meant that it had to return to green belt use if it was no longer a kennel.
Officers could not find reference to this in their documents but, after a break where no evidence was found, the motion was deferred for them to investigate further.
The Kusadasi Taverna restaurant in Rainham Road, South Hornchurch can build a smoking area on its roof after gaining permission. Ten councillors voted in favour with one abstaining.
You may also want to watch:
Three fascia signs can be retained at a nursery at Truly Scrumptious Early Years Nursery on Pettits Lane, Romford.
The issue was brought to the committee because the applicant is related to Cllr Linda Trew.
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 3 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 4 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 7 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 8 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 9 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 10 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
A proposal to change a shop space into a children’s nursery in Moor Lane, Cranham was deferred.
A detached property in Little Gaynes Lane, Upminster, can build a front, rear and first floor extension after it was given unanimous approval. It needed to come to be approved by the committee as it is on green belt land.
For some of the other decisions see the related links column, right.