Council reveals Tories chosen for new £29k per year cabinet jobs
- Credit: Ken Mears
Havering Council leader Damian White has added two Conservative councillors to his cabinet, as exclusively revealed by the Recorder yesterday.
John Crowder will assume responsibility for regeneration. Ciaran White will be oversee community safety.
Viddy Persaud, former cabinet member for community safety, will manage “culture and people”.
“The portfolio will combine culture and leisure with HR and workforce strategy and performance management,” the council said of her new role.
Cabinet members receive an annual £29,356 “special responsibility allowance”, plus their basic allowance of £10,412.
As Cllrs White and Crowder were appointed part-way through the year, the extra cost between now and the election will be £10,776, the council said.
Damian White yesterday refused to answer suggestions that he created the roles amid a power struggle, insisting he needed a bigger team to cope with the council’s workload.
- 1 Romford mother lived in squalor after mental health 'failings', court hears
- 2 Three found guilty of murder for involvement in fatal gunfight
- 3 Romford man arrested following multi-vehicle collision on M11
- 4 Daughter pulls father out of care home after 'fall leaves him bedbound'
- 5 Bleed kit in memory of doorman Ricky Hayden installed outside nightclub
- 6 Repairs confirmed after gas leak reported at Rainham home, not long after south London explosion
- 7 'Taste' of Notting Hill Carnival comes to Collier Row
- 8 'Really proud’: Hornchurch mother tackles English Channel in relay swim for charity
- 9 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 10 The Hop Inn: Hornchurch pub named best in London for second year running
For more, read: