Harold Hill road closed after police chase suspect trying to get into car
- Credit: Archant
Newbury Road in Harold Hill was closed for few hours last night after police chased a suspect through the area.
Police closed a road in Harold Hill last night after officers chased a suspect who was trying to get into a car believed to have been used in a crime.
At around 7pm last night (Monday, September 3) officers spotted a vehicle they believed had been used in crime parked by the shops in Farnham Road.
A man was approaching the car when he saw officers and made-off on foot along Hilldene Avenue towards Newbury Road.
Officers, including the Met’s Dog Unit, searched the area but did not trace the man.
You may also want to watch:
The car was seized by officers and A spokeswoman from the Met Police said that enquiries are continuing.
As a result of the chase Newbury Road was closed for a few hours last night.
- 1 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 2 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 5 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 6 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 7 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
- 8 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal