Harold Hill road closed after police chase suspect trying to get into car
- Credit: Archant
Newbury Road in Harold Hill was closed for few hours last night after police chased a suspect through the area.
Police closed a road in Harold Hill last night after officers chased a suspect who was trying to get into a car believed to have been used in a crime.
At around 7pm last night (Monday, September 3) officers spotted a vehicle they believed had been used in crime parked by the shops in Farnham Road.
A man was approaching the car when he saw officers and made-off on foot along Hilldene Avenue towards Newbury Road.
Officers, including the Met’s Dog Unit, searched the area but did not trace the man.
You may also want to watch:
The car was seized by officers and A spokeswoman from the Met Police said that enquiries are continuing.
As a result of the chase Newbury Road was closed for a few hours last night.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Severe flooding in Havering and Dagenham as "tornado" hits Barking
- 6 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 7 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 9 Get clued up on road and train disruptions coming to the area
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend