Harold Hill road closed after police chase suspect trying to get into car
- Credit: Archant
Newbury Road in Harold Hill was closed for few hours last night after police chased a suspect through the area.
Police closed a road in Harold Hill last night after officers chased a suspect who was trying to get into a car believed to have been used in a crime.
At around 7pm last night (Monday, September 3) officers spotted a vehicle they believed had been used in crime parked by the shops in Farnham Road.
A man was approaching the car when he saw officers and made-off on foot along Hilldene Avenue towards Newbury Road.
Officers, including the Met’s Dog Unit, searched the area but did not trace the man.
You may also want to watch:
The car was seized by officers and A spokeswoman from the Met Police said that enquiries are continuing.
As a result of the chase Newbury Road was closed for a few hours last night.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 6 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 7 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 8 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 9 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 10 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority