New all green man phase to be implemented at Doggett’s Corner
- Credit: Archant
A new green man crossing is going to be put in at the Doggett’s Corner crossing in Hornchurch.
A new all green man phase is going to be implemented at the Doggett’s Corner crossing in Hornchurch.
There was originally a proposal to introduce a diagonal X crossing at the junction of Wingletye Lane and Upminster Road, however following a consultation it was decided that a green man crossing would be more appropriate.
The consultation received 59 responses of which 23 were in support while the remainder were partial or full objections.
Work is expected to begin on Monday, September 17 and and will take around nine weeks.
You may also want to watch:
The new phase will mean that all four sides of the crossing will be green at the same time to allow pedestrians to cross.
Councillor Clarence Barrett told the Recorder: “While the works are due to last nine weeks, which seems incredibly lengthy, the additional ‘All Green Man’ should provide a safer option for the many pedestrians, including students at the sixth form, who use this crossing.
- 1 Man in hospital after falling 'from height' in Romford
- 2 Brentwood church rave: More than 130 images released in appeal
- 3 Romford cinemas announce reopening plans after lockdown
- 4 Woman dies after 'falling from height' by Liberty Shopping Centre
- 5 Former Lakeside Hammers co-promoter Jon Cook passes away
- 6 New Romford author speaks out about feeling 'invisible' as a black father
- 7 Horses die after Upminster stables blaze
- 8 Rainham primary school creates Sir Captain Tom display
- 9 What is changing as lockdown eases on May 17?
- 10 Hornchurch tie down manager Stimson with new two-year contract
“However, while the period of work is bound to create congestion, we need to monitor closely the long term impact on traffic flow to ensure we don’t end up with significant tail backs and increased levels of pollution.”