New all green man phase to be implemented at Doggett’s Corner
- Credit: Archant
A new green man crossing is going to be put in at the Doggett’s Corner crossing in Hornchurch.
A new all green man phase is going to be implemented at the Doggett’s Corner crossing in Hornchurch.
There was originally a proposal to introduce a diagonal X crossing at the junction of Wingletye Lane and Upminster Road, however following a consultation it was decided that a green man crossing would be more appropriate.
The consultation received 59 responses of which 23 were in support while the remainder were partial or full objections.
Work is expected to begin on Monday, September 17 and and will take around nine weeks.
You may also want to watch:
The new phase will mean that all four sides of the crossing will be green at the same time to allow pedestrians to cross.
Councillor Clarence Barrett told the Recorder: “While the works are due to last nine weeks, which seems incredibly lengthy, the additional ‘All Green Man’ should provide a safer option for the many pedestrians, including students at the sixth form, who use this crossing.
- 1 Four people taken to hospital after Romford town centre incident
- 2 East London police officer charged with rape
- 3 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 4 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 5 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 6 Mourners to host vigil in Harold Hill park for lost teenage boys
- 7 Romford location ‘encapsulates Britain’ in soon to premiere horror movie
- 8 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 9 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 10 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
“However, while the period of work is bound to create congestion, we need to monitor closely the long term impact on traffic flow to ensure we don’t end up with significant tail backs and increased levels of pollution.”