Family left ‘devastated’ after Romford 22-year-old dies in Ongar car crash
- Credit: Archant
Police officers have confirmed that a man who died in a car crash in Ongar was a 22-year-old from Romford.
Jordan Plaister died on Thursday, September 6, in a crash involving his own car and a lorry.
An Essex Police spokesman said: “We were called by colleagues at the ambulance service around 2.30pm with reports a tanker lorry and a Ford KA were in collision on Romford Road.
“Jordan, who was the driver of the KA, sadly died at the scene.”
In a statement released by the police, Jordan’s family said: “We are devastated by the loss of our son and ask that people respect our wishes for privacy at this difficult time.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information, or available dash cam footage, is asked to call 101 and ask for the Serious Collision Investigation Unit. The incident number to quote is 664 of 06/09.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Man injured after assault reported at Gallows Corner supermarket
- 3 'Poor living standard': Plans for Harold Hill HMO blocked amid multiple concerns
- 4 Traffic building at petrol hotspots amid ongoing clamour for fuel
- 5 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 6 Collier Row Roundabout set for resurfacing works
- 7 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 8 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 9 Award-winning Kushi restaurant sets up initiative to help fundraisers
- 10 West Ham's Jack Sullivan signs on as Saint Francis Hospice ambassador