Consultation on Elm Park town centre opens
- Credit: Cllr Stephanie Nunn
People from Elm Park have been asked for their thoughts on making its centre a "healthier, greener, safer and more attractive” place to visit.
The consultation is part of Havering Council’s bid to develop Collier Row, Elm Park, Hornchurch, Rainham and Upminster centres.
Elm Park ward councillors Stephanie Nunn and Barry Mugglestone, who both live in Elm Park, have urged residents to participate.
Cllr Nunn said the “injection” of funding to improve the centre is welcome.
She added it is “really important” residents and businesses of Elm Park "contribute their views" to be included in the "comprehensive delivery plan" to develop the five centres.
Leader of Havering Council, Cllr Damian White, said the authority will work with businesses and the local community to "explore the challenges and come up with solutions".
He added: “Our high streets are facing some challenging times as a result of the pandemic, which means our town centres will need to reinvent themselves to make them more attractive as places to eat, meet, shop, live and work."
Take part in the consultation at https://consultprojectcentre.co.uk/havering
- 1 Plan for homes next to listed Hornchurch water tower rumoured to cover monks’ escape tunnel
- 2 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford
- 3 Man and woman arrested following Hornchurch stabbing
- 4 Fire crews free trapped driver after Hornchurch car crash
- 5 Rainham road closed as tactic to stop flytipping
- 6 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged or rejected in Havering
- 7 Mum-of-two honoured by US president Joe Biden
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 Woman 'slapped across face' in Brentwood restaurant
- 10 Two Havering councillors to stand down at next election